Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Quick help! What do I wear to a Yeshiva Dinner?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 4:29 pm
My husband and I never go to Yeshiva dinners but Rabbi Bender is something else and so we are going to darchei’s dinner tonight and I am panicking.

I am not at all fashion conscious and I have not been to a dinner. WHAT DO I WEAR????

I have these options:

1) A black simple satin look jumper (with black shell) that I wear nearly every Shabbos, vort, wedding lol

2) A black top with gold buttons running along the sleeves— weekday top but pretty. With simple black skirt.

3) a black weekday turtle neck type sweater with rhinestone look around the collar

4) Shabbos top ...black with sleeves that are see through (shell goes under but that’s the look) with a black and gold belt. Dressy but less than 1 though I wear it every other Shabbos vort etc.

I’m quite overweight and my whole wardrobe is black lol.

And black flats — no heels for this one.

What do u say I wear?!

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 4:45 pm
Or 4

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 4:48 pm
amother wrote:
My husband and I never go to Yeshiva dinners but Rabbi Bender is something else and so we are going to darchei’s dinner tonight and I am panicking.

I am not at all fashion conscious and I have not been to a dinner. WHAT DO I WEAR????

I have these options:

1) A black simple satin look jumper (with black shell) that I wear nearly every Shabbos, vort, wedding lol

2) A black top with gold buttons running along the sleeves— weekday top but pretty. With simple black skirt.

3) a black weekday turtle neck type sweater with rhinestone look around the collar

4) Shabbos top ...black with sleeves that are see through (shell goes under but that’s the look) with a black and gold belt. Dressy but less than 1 though I wear it every other Shabbos vort etc.

I’m quite overweight and my whole wardrobe is black lol.

And black flats — no heels for this one.

What do u say I wear?!

I agree with CNC , choice 1 or 4

cbg

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 4:53 pm

Boca00

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 5:14 pm
Definitely #4. Enjoy!

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 5:18 pm
Thanks! Went with number 4
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics