Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach with Mandel at Pocono Manor

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 7:11 pm
Has anyone been to this venue? Is it nice? How is the program , food, what kind of clientele, how's the entertainment. Anyone? Ty

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 7:13 pm
Oiy for problems like that

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 7:18 pm
I think that was a really rude respose. Since when is imamother only for problems??

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 7:32 pm
Ur right. I'm sorry. Was totally uncalled for

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 8:04 am
Did you end up going on this program? Maybe anyone else who can answer the questions posed?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 8:16 am
amother wrote:
Did you end up going on this program? Maybe anyone else who can answer the questions posed?

Oh whoops I just realized u posted this year. Did u end up booking?

That's one of my top 2 choices but I'd like to know more. We're very simple people, like the girls and I wear stuff on shabbos that others would consider weekday. Can't be buying a whole new wardrobe for pesach, maybe one or 2 outfits each. We saved up ten years to be able to go away.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 6:42 pm
It's a simple nice well run program. Some people dress up but most were very chilled, there were some snoods and robes too. Mixed crowd I would say relaxed yeshivish, most people wear a black hat but there were some that didn't.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 8:33 pm
I've been going for a few years. I love it. My father gives the hechsher.

I've been at super fancy programs like the PGA in Florida, and it's not comparable.

There's lunch around noon after shul, not a kiddish like the fancy places have, and a 90 minutes break, and then a meal - which was fun but meant I spent the whole day eating too many calories!

The food is very good.

The day camp is well run. There's Camp about 9-12 in the mornings and 2-6 in the afternoons and they give the kids dinner on Yom Tov. On weekdays the camp runs all day and they give the kids lunch too.

The staff is super nice - ie the whole Mandel family.

The Pocono Manor itself is a very old hotel with lots of charm. Some of the rooms are newer than others.

Some people dress to the nines and some dress very simply and everything in between.

My teen boys are very yeshivish and they had about a handful of fellow Yeshiva boys who would spend afternoons learning in the shul. 95% of women cover their hair.

And it's super kosher since my father gives the hechsher 😊

Hope this helps!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics