Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
My dream of becoming a famous actress. What’s yours?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 8:42 am
amother wrote:
To be a singer. I'm good and have great stage presence. To me that's my daily korbon which I sacrifice happily in exchange for good children- please gd!?
( no interest in jewish performing...not my style)

I don't know if this is anything you can think about or not, but I have a friend who also has great stage presence and loved entertaining everyone in the room with her stories. She ended up doing a 180 career switch and became a professor. Now she has captive audiences every day and loves it.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
I wanted to be either a dog breeder (either Salukis, Basenjis, or Great Danes) or run a bear sanctuary.

Yeah. Really.

As for acting, I just want to point out to those who have that dream that most actresses are NOT happy. There is a reason there are so many drug overdoses in that world. And child stars, like the Olsen twins? You won't find them acting now! They HATED being in that world.

It sounds glamorous and fun, but almost everyone I've heard on the inside says its a terribly dirty, unhappy world.

Op here
That’s a good point that I’m aware of. But I wonder if there is a way to be part of that world without the dirt. I feel like there are a few people who know how to play clean unless I’m being naive and behind closed doors it’s all the same Scratching Head

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 9:32 am
amother wrote:
Op here
That’s a good point that I’m aware of. But I wonder if there is a way to be part of that world without the dirt. I feel like there are a few people who know how to play clean unless I’m being naive and behind closed doors it’s all the same Scratching Head

Nah. Very few. The longest marriage there lasted...not very long. Only a handful make it past 2-3 decades of marriage. Now for the overdosing part.... I can give you a list of names. It's scary. Once they make it to the top then they crash. They see there is nothing there.

etg

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 9:40 am
I have the exact same actress dream, and identify a lot with what some of you wrote. That was one of the reasons I decided that if there was no frum outlet for such a talent, I would create one, and went on to produce my film, My Sister, My Keeper (which will be available for rent again on Mostly Music this Pesach). I held open auditions for frum women and girls who were interested, and we ran a full-blown professional set, including a professional (non-Jewish) 12 man crew. I am currently writing a script for my next film. Anyone who would like to get involved in the script development for pure enjoyment (it's a fun, character-based, drama-comedy story) can PM me. For those of you who want to be updated regarding future auditions can sign up to our email list on fingerprintmediaworld.com

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 10:11 am
I wanted to become a scientist. Along the way I decided I'd rather be an engineer. I became one.

DVOM

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 10:20 am
amother wrote:
Try submitting! I think you write well based on your posting style Smile

My dream is to start a frum magazine geared toward creative writing specifically, as opposed to news or lifestyle. Lots of first-person narratives, poetry, and maybe fiction. And YES it would include pics of women. Maybe also an emphasis on photography. I guess my dream is to give writers a venue for sharing their talent.

Thank you. I don't know the first thing about 'submitting'. Really though, I'm a bit paralyzed by the thought of having most of what I want to write about deemed not fit for print. While on some level I know this is just how it works in our world, I don’t want to experience it for myself. I think it would be too disheartening, too demoralizing. I’m avoiding it. Maybe one day I’ll try to get published in the non-Jewish world. I’d still want to write about our communities, our families though… I can see a lot of difficulties, a lot of censure, if I ever tried to do that, assuming I could get my writing published in the first place.

I think your magazine sounds like a lovely idea. I'd read it.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 10:36 am
I want to sing. I love it. I love performing. As a girl I would always sing on stage, it’s like I’m in a different world and irl I have little confidence. I was also always the one to be chosen to speak at events in school

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 11:55 am
I had a few business ideas, but I'm not much of a motivator, so I never did anything with them. I did make up a whole business and design plan though. A newsstand that's near a school, a sports paraphernalia store, clothing designer, and fabric designer. There might have been other things, but I don't remember.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 12:14 pm
I wanted to lead the technical security department for a bank or a government branch, one that often gets break-in attempts. I excelled at coding in high school and college but starting a family got in the way of me pursuing a serious career. I actually miss it very much. The coding languages and some methods have changed since my school years so I’d have to start fresh if I really wanted to pursue it.

For those who wanted to be an actress, the real glamour is in producing or directing. Actors are employees who need to work with the director’s vision and are not always treated so well. Directors also have the luxury of not having their faces on screen all the time so they can lead a more private life while still attending all the events and winning the serious awards. They show the actors, cameramen, sound guys, etc. exactly what to do and how to do it, to create what we see on screen, so they are the real talent behind a movie we enjoy 🙂

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 12:19 pm
amother wrote:
I wanted to lead the technical security department for a bank or a government branch, one that often gets break-in attempts. I excelled at coding in high school and college but starting a family got in the way of me pursuing a serious career. I actually miss it very much. The coding languages and some methods have changed since my school years so I’d have to start fresh if I really wanted to pursue it.

For those who wanted to be an actress, the real glamour is in producing or directing. Actors are employees who need to work with the director’s vision and are not always treated so well. Directors also have the luxury of not having their faces on screen all the time so they can lead a more private life while still attending all the events and winning the serious awards. They show the actors, cameramen, sound guys, etc. exactly what to do and how to do it, to create what we see on screen, so they are the real talent behind a movie we enjoy 🙂

Except that my passion is acting and not directing....

Zehava

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 12:22 pm
To foster kids and teens at risk, I don’t think I have the actual stamina for that.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 1:01 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Except that my passion is acting and not directing....

That’s good. People who are truly passionate about acting on screen would stay as actors. They are few and far between. You may notice the most successful actors and actresses attempt to produce and direct films (Angelina Jolie, Mel Gibson, Ben Affleck, James Franco, and on and on.).
Directors are good actors who can act all different parts and get others to do it. The actors and actresses we see are doing what the director tells them to do. For the actors, there is little improvisation and creative interpretation.
https://m.ranker.com/list/acto.....weiss

Singing is another story!

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 1:12 pm
amother wrote:

I still could write a novel but it would get me banned in the frum world. I'm not even looking to air any dirty laundry, just to write raw honest books about life.

Please do. You can publish under a pseudonym.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 1:16 pm
amother wrote:
To be a singer. I'm good and have great stage presence. To me that's my daily korbon which I sacrifice happily in exchange for good children- please gd!?
( no interest in jewish performing...not my style)

Do you have a microphone at home? Can you create a stage at home?
Well then, get on the stage, take microphone in hand, and sing away! And post a video of your performance here :-)
I would love to hear you sing!

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 7:53 pm
etg wrote:
I have the exact same actress dream, and identify a lot with what some of you wrote. That was one of the reasons I decided that if there was no frum outlet for such a talent, I would create one, and went on to produce my film, My Sister, My Keeper (which will be available for rent again on Mostly Music this Pesach). I held open auditions for frum women and girls who were interested, and we ran a full-blown professional set, including a professional (non-Jewish) 12 man crew. I am currently writing a script for my next film. Anyone who would like to get involved in the script development for pure enjoyment (it's a fun, character-based, drama-comedy story) can PM me. For those of you who want to be updated regarding future auditions can sign up to our email list on fingerprintmediaworld.com

Op here
Sounds like fun but who has time for hobbies?
When I mean an actress I mean the career. Winning awards and going down red carpets. I’m sure u know what I mean. But again, I can keep on dreaming it ain’t happening.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 8:28 pm
etg wrote:

I would be interested in auditioning for a part. Do you need to sing to get a part? I can carry a tune, but I don’t have a great voice, so if that’s a requirement then I’m out.

return2You

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 8:38 pm
I’ve always wanted to be a professional ballet dancer. As a kid I would dance and tears would stream down my face, I feel very connected to this art medium. But alas, not gonna happen.

Another dream is touring the world one country at s time... maybe one day

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 8:58 pm
I also used to dream about becoming an actress. It was not about being famous though. I would absolutely hate to be famous. I have always been very shy. I wanted to be an actress because I loved acting and I was good at it. For me acting was disappearing into another world where I could connect to something intangible. It was just a realm I felt comfortable in, using my imagination and empathy to become a different person and enter someone else's world. I didn't go to a Jewish school and I am not from a religious family so my parents encouraged me to pursue my interests and as I hated school I would spend a lot of the time in the drama studio as a form of escape. I had a quite painful childhood. Later I studied literature at university and was planning to pursue acting after that but due to illness I was not able to in the my end. Now I realised that acting would not have been right for me because I know people who do it and as part of their jobs they have to swear etc and use bad language all the time. I'm too sensitive for that. As I have become more religious I find my love of fantasy has just become part of my daily life, I like to write stories and I am always listening to music, speaking to G-d all the time as well. Basically I feel as if I am living in my own little world.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 9:13 pm
To all those potential writers who are afraid of rejection or lack of readership- please keep calm and write on! Your ideas will make the world a richer place. Rejection is not the scariest thing in the world, nor is it a guaranteed response to your work! Imagine how many people would be inspired by your culinary finesse or frank narratives.

To the amother who would create a magazine- I'm totally in. One of my dreams is to put out a magazine from the frum teen girl, something like Cricket Mag. I also have some unwritten novels and children's books in my brain that have yet to be birthed due to lack of time management skills.

Opening a creative/music studio for "on the fringe" teens is another dream... a place to create and connect without judgement or fear of rejection, to be yourself, uninhibited, in a healthy, safe way... now that I think about it, it shouldn't be limited to girls from any circle.

Acting and singing professionally was always a dream of mine, too. As an adult, I tell myself that the entertainment industry isn't as sparkly as it appears, but it still doesn't stop the daydreams.

Some of you have such attainable dreams; I can't tell you enough that you can really do it. But if I haven't convinced myself yet, can I convince you?

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 12:35 am
etg wrote:

Are you in the US?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics