Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Average pay for playgroup assistant in Lakewood.
1  2  Next

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 9:13 am
My assistant just got married and I’m looking to hire a new assistant. What is going rate for playgroup assistant per hour?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 10:21 am
I was advised to offer $10/hour.

bargainlover

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 10:27 am
Wow that's lower than anyone I know I'd getting!

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 10:40 am
umm. teenagers are charging more than this for babysitting at night in lakewood.
I pay my cleaning woman $13.50 in lakewood.
$10 is horrible.
the poor woman who would be desperate enough to take that pay...
that is shameful. I hope you would offer more pay for less hours.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 10:45 am
And you must be new to Imamother...quickly edit out the part about the difference between single and married before the political train jumps you.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 10:56 am
I was told $10/hr but she could bring along a somewhat similarly aged child.
Though honestly, hours, age, size of group and extended hours or days make a difference.
Also if theres naptime, do you hire a cleaning lady or expect her to help clean up.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 11:47 am
amother wrote:
And you must be new to Imamother...quickly edit out the part about the difference between single and married before the political train jumps you.
oh oops I’ll take that out, just out of curiosity I mean I as asking more of age difference

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 11:47 am
I thought they make about $1,000 a month

keym

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 11:52 am
amother wrote:
oh oops I’ll take that out, just out of curiosity I mean I as asking more of age difference

Because married or single makes no difference. Ask 1, 2, 3 yrs out of seminary or with no experience vs x number years experience. Its much more relevant to the question of how much to pay than simple marital status.
Meaning getting married does not make her a better or more valuable assistant to be paid more. Her 5 yrs experience does.

amother
White

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 11:53 am
amother wrote:

Once "Lakewood" was mentioned those of us offended by pay based on marital status have learned to keep quiet.

Its when the poster seems to not realize that the paradigm of paying based on gender and marital status or age isn't universal that the voices get a bit louder.

keym

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 11:55 am
And because women both here and in real life are tired of being paid less because of their gender, marital status, number of children they have. Its very frustrating to be paid 20k for a job whenyour colleague is making 30k for doing the same quality work but hes a man, or married, or has more children than you.

seeker

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 12:26 pm
amother wrote:
umm. teenagers are charging more than this for babysitting at night in lakewood.
I pay my cleaning woman $13.50 in lakewood.
$10 is horrible.
the poor woman who would be desperate enough to take that pay...
that is shameful. I hope you would offer more pay for less hours.

Night babysitting is different because it's sporadic. And at a less convenient time. Anyone who wants to work a full day in the same location with a consistent salary is going to be making less when you divide it by the hours than someone who works per diem. That's always a trade-off in just about any field at any age.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 12:34 pm
amother wrote:
I was advised to offer $10/hour.

I can't even imagine anyone would take that job, but hey, you never know. Good luck!

frumPA

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 2:13 pm
How much did you pay previously? Why not pay the same amount?What would be different?

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 3:58 pm
10$ an hour is way underpaid. I dont know the going rate. but its not like that anymore. I have not been in the field for a while

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 4:00 pm
if you look at a similar thread from 2 years ago, the assistants were offered 12-14 per hour and that was 2 years ago. I totally imagine its more now. the minimum wage went up so definitely the assistant amount went up.

op, dont make yourself look silly by offering 10, you will never find someone this way

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 4:04 pm
amother wrote:
if you look at a similar thread from 2 years ago, the assistants were offered 12-14 per hour and that was 2 years ago. I totally imagine its more now. the minimum wage went up so definitely the assistant amount went up.

op, dont make yourself look silly by offering 10, you will never find someone this way

Op here, sorry I never said anything about $10. It was another amother .

I was paying my last assistant 14, but sh was with me a few years so got to 14 with raises. Now I’m wondering what going rate is and is it different if someone would bring their child along

momof2+?

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 4:19 pm
Hi OP. I may be interested in the job. Do you still have the open slot or is the position filled?

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 4:31 pm
for sure you would pay her less if shes bringing her child. she will give this child some attention away from the other kids. not intentional but realistically. I did the same. if I were you I would offer her less and tell her why.

amother
White

Post Mon, Jan 15 2018, 4:34 pm
amother wrote:
for sure you would pay her less if shes bringing her child. she will give this child some attention away from the other kids. not intentional but realistically. I did the same. if I were you I would offer her less and tell her why.

wouldn't you also need to take in one less paying customer if your assistant brings in a child?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics