Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Second ear piercings? Or not?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 1:42 pm
Ive been wanting to get a second ear piercing for a very long time. Im frum, litvish. My dh doesnt mind but I know my parents wont be very happy. Been having a rough time recently and want to do something a bit outrageous (I usually tow the line with most things). Its not so common in my circles but it is done,. Just putting it out there... anyone btdt?

hannah22

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 1:54 pm
I personally don't see what is attractive about more than one ear piercing. I've never understood the appeal of more than one on each ear. Saying that, if you would like another one then that's completely your choice to do so. My mum always wears two pretty studs in each ear.
I don't think that doing something "outrageous" is the best response to recovering from a hard time. You should only do it if it's something you genuinely really want, not out of frustration, or any other reason.
Wishing you lots of comfort, strength, happiness Hug Hug Hug

happyone

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 2:30 pm
If you need another piercing ND it's unacceptable in your community but you want/need to do something outrageous in your eyes, consider a belly ring.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 2:31 pm
It is something I genuinely want. Iv been wanting it for a long time but now I want it even more. I cant decide because I think it looks pretty but I also think it can be making a statement in my community...hmmm

happyone

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 2:31 pm
happyone wrote:
If you need another piercing and it's unacceptable in your community but you want/need to do something outrageous in your eyes, consider a belly ring.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 2:32 pm
I would do a belly but im scared of infection....

penguin

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 2:38 pm
maybe paint your toenails red?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 2:46 pm
I have one piercing in my left ear, and six in my right. (Also a nose and naval piercing.) I always wanted more in my right ear, but have been debating since I became frum... because it REALY makes a statement! Of course, now that I an covering my hair, they wouldn't show so much... 🤔 I can't decide, either.

btw, my naval piercing got infected at the begining, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 2:48 pm
amother wrote:
I have one piercing in my left ear, and six in my right. (Also a nose and naval piercing.) I always wanted more in my right ear, but have been debating since I became frum... because it REALY makes a statement! Of course, now that I an covering my hair, they wouldn't show so much... 🤔 I can't decide, either.

btw, my naval piercing got infected at the begining, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

Thank you. Think I might go for a second piercing in both ears. I can't do just one ear...

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 2:50 pm
I usually have my sheitel over my ears and you can't usually see my earrings...thats why I dont thin it will be a major statement but....hmmm

simba

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 2:51 pm
Go for it. Get it out of your system! If you don't feel comfortable or don't like it down the line just don't wear an earring there.

Shoshana37

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 3:09 pm
Go for it why not...

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 3:10 pm
amother wrote:
I usually have my sheitel over my ears and you can't usually see my earrings...thats why I dont thin it will be a major statement but....hmmm

Yup. Now I'm thinking that I want to go for it! I wish we could go together:)

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 3:18 pm
I want a second piercing so I can always wear my diamond studs plus another pair as well. I absolutely love the look. But I live in Lakewood where it's not accepted (and my kids wouldn't get accepted to school). I wear snoods often, and tuck my sheitel behind my ears or pin back, so it's not like I can hide it.
Oh well.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 3:30 pm
I'm shocked that this is considered outre in certain communities. I got my second set of piercings in the late 80s, and even back then, it was accepted in conservative workplaces.

OP, if you really want it, go for it. If it draws a bad reaction, you can always remove the earrings and let the holes close.

Last edited by SixOfWands on Tue, Jan 16 2018, 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 3:33 pm
Do it. Personally I can't understand the interest but that's why they make vanilla and chocolate! It's not against halacha. Why not? When u change ur mind pull it out.

zoom

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 3:43 pm
I love the look!! I personally wouldn't get it here in my community but I actually really like it and think you should go for it!! I thimk its so pretty to have a tiny diamond on top of your regular earrings!

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 5:14 pm
amother wrote:
Yup. Now I'm thinking that I want to go for it! I wish we could go together:)

Where do u live...maybe we could.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 5:37 pm
amother wrote:
Where do u live...maybe we could.

Brooklyn -- but this would be such a blast, I would be willing to travel within reason:) Two frum ladies walk into a piercing parlor... Rolling Laughter Where are you?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 6:10 pm
I am part if the yeshivish/litvish community and I gave a second ear piercing in both ears which I got after I was married. I just try to make sure that when I go to my kids school I wear a wig so it's not as noticable. Otherwise, I don't hide it. I also have a belly button piercing and yes it takes a long time to heal. But at least that nobody sees so you don't have to worry about nosy people.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics