Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What's you favorite type of gift to receive?

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:17 am
If it makes a difference who it's from then mention that. Would you rather receive a gift of something to do like a spa, or puzzle? Would you rather receive a piece of jewelry or something for the kitchen? Etc...? What kind of gifts do you like?

Gift giving is not my love language, so for me, it's the thought that counts the most than the actual gift, for the most part. I know what I don't care for though, things that I have to put together myself and animals!! Yes, someone once gave me two birds as a gift. It was an apology for something. They didn't need to apologize, but afterwards they should have apologized for giving me live animals. Smile

The gifts I like the most are the spontaneous ones, the ones where someone, specifically my dh, sees something that he thinks of me and gets it.

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:23 am
yo'ma wrote:
If it makes a difference who it's from then mention that. Would you rather receive a gift of something to do like a spa, or puzzle? Would you rather receive a piece of jewelry or something for the kitchen? Etc...? What kind of gifts do you like?

Gift giving is not my love language, so for me, it's the thought that counts the most than the actual gift, for the most part. I know what I don't care for though, things that I have to put together myself and animals!! Yes, someone once gave me two birds as a gift. It was an apology for something. They didn't need to apologize, but afterwards they should have apologized for giving me live animals. Smile

The gifts I like the most are the spontaneous ones, the ones where someone, specifically my dh, sees something that he thinks of me and gets it.

ITA with the bold. I hate being forced to figure out what is a good gift. LOL - look at my current thread I started.

Lots of times I will see something I like and buy it. I store it in my present cabinet. When I need something, I can just grab.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:27 am
Me too. Gift giving is not my language but acts of service is so when a gift shows that someone thought of me it means a lot. I prefer to pick out my own things and gift myself but if you did something for me it will melt my heart.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:30 am
Squishy wrote:
[/b]

ITA with the bold. I hate being forced to figure out what is a good gift. LOL - look at my current thread I started.

Lots of times I will see something I like and buy it. I store it in my present cabinet. When I need something, I can just grab.

I meant something for yourself. What do you like to receive, not give others?

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:30 am
No gifts for me either.
A geniuine note, act of service, kind words, or similar to that means a lot to me...

imamother153

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:56 am
A gift certificate to the place of ur choice so I can choose something to my liking. Always welcomed!

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 11:02 am
I love receiving things that are meaningful to me:
1. Scrapbooking supplies
2. Fake jewelry
3. Needlepoint kits
4. Cookbooks
5. Serving trays and bowls for when I host guests ( which is often)
6. Or a food I'm craving that day😀

simba

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 11:02 am
I like gifts! I don't appreciate things for the house. That is not personal. Don't get me a vacuum or a mixer.
Jewelry is good, a spa certificate is nice, pajamas are yummy.
I also don't like gift certificates as they are impersonal. Like amazon, or a general store.

toysrus

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 11:04 am
perfume n jewellery, gift vouchers

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 11:13 am
yo'ma wrote:
I meant something for yourself. What do you like to receive, not give others?

I love notes and homemade gifts.

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 11:17 am
Subscriptions to things she might not treat herself to... Make up subscriptions, magazine subscriptions, book club etc.. Because then every month she will remember how thoughtful you were... For makeup, I highly recommend Boxycharm..

If she's in financial dire straits, go with a household item she needs.

Ah! Wrong thread! I'm addressing this to the woman who's looking to buy her dear friend a meaningful gift. Sunday morning brain...

Last edited by Jewishfoodie on Sun, Jan 21 2018, 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 11:19 am
I am personally partial to homemade foods and notes. I think they show such genuine love, it makes me feel like I got hugged

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 11:42 am
I love food, but have to know I can trust your kashrus, and it's not like I am very charedi or anything but...

I love flowers, my father is allergic. I love chocolate, my mom can't have it. It's all personal.

I don't care much for games and random tchotchkes unless they're my type. If you bring something for my children make sure I actually can use it as a frum.

We don't like alcohol.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:02 pm
This might sound weird but I love getting a new top /clothing for me or my kids
Clothing is expensive and I really appreciate when I get that for a gift! Saves me so much

tf

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:13 pm
I'm not for getting gifts, basically, only jewelry. What I do love is kind words and truthful well meaning personalities. No gift can substitute for a honest good hearted relationship.

Simple1

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:36 pm
Animals? Lol! That's like the gift of the white elephant.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics