Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Best Chinese recipe!
1  2  Next

Maryann

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:37 pm
Hi I'm looking for a delicious easy recipe that tastes like Chinese Takeout anyone have one? Very Happy

SpottedBanana

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 1:49 pm
Easy? Probably not gonna happen. But if you just fry nugget-sized bits of chicken breast in a pan filled with oil and buy premade sweet and sour sauce you'll get sweet and sour chicken Smile

(I have made General Tso's Chicken, but it took a long time and lots of ingredients.)

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 1:57 pm
This is pretty easy and delicious.

Cut up chicken nuggets into small pieces. Put in 9x13. Pour a little flour or corn starch, enough that when you mix it the nuggets all get a light coating.

Mix 1/2 cup each soy sauce and brown sugar and water, add some water and a little garlic powder or crushed garlic or 1 or 2 garlic cubes. Pour mixture over the chicken and mix. Bake covered for 1/2 hour or until the chicken looks cooked through.

Add whatever cut vegetables you like, bell peppers, baby corn, onion, sugar snap peas, carrots etc. Mix with the chicken. At this point I check if it looks saucy enough for our tastes - we like a lot of sauce, if not I add some.

Bake another 10-20 minutes, depending on how well done you like your vegetables. Serve with rice. Enjoy!

Maryann

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 2:01 pm
SpottedBanana wrote:
Easy? Probably not gonna happen. But if you just fry nugget-sized bits of chicken breast in a pan filled with oil and buy premade sweet and sour sauce you'll get sweet and sour chicken Smile

(I have made General Tso's Chicken, but it took a long time and lots of ingredients.)

Thanks! Do u mind posting the tso chicken it sounds so good

Maryann

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 2:02 pm
Notsobusy wrote:

Cut up chicken nuggets into small pieces. Put in 9x13. Pour a little flour or corn starch, enough that when you mix it the nuggets all get a light coating.

Mix 1/2 cup each soy sauce and brown sugar and water, add some water and a little garlic powder or crushed garlic or 1 or 2 garlic cubes. Pour mixture over the chicken and mix. Bake covered for 1/2 hour or until the chicken looks cooked through.

Add whatever cut vegetables you like, bell peppers, baby corn, onion, sugar snap peas, carrots etc. Mix with the chicken. At this point I check if it looks saucy enough for our tastes - we like a lot of sauce, if not I add some.

Bake another 10-20 minutes, depending on how well done you like your vegetables. Serve with rice. Enjoy!

Thank you!

gr8Life

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 2:32 pm
Chinese pepper steak is always a hit : http://allrecipes.com/recipe/1.....teak/

I don't use sugar and tomatoes and it's easy and delicious.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 3:54 pm
SpottedBanana wrote:

Can you post your recipe for General Tso's chicken? Thanks!!!

happyfaces

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 5:55 pm
Chinese chicken broccoli anyone?

married123

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:00 pm
happyfaces wrote:
Chinese chicken broccoli anyone?

2 lbs chicken cutlets cut into strips
Mix in bag with corn starch. Fry on both sides until cooked.
Add broccoli, cook for 2 more minutes
Pour sauce and mix well:
1 1/3 c water
1/4 c sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger or 2 frozen cubes

Reduce heat and cook until sauce thickens

Can top with sesame seeds

Amazing dinner! Make this all the time... can substitute any veggies/ or even beef instead of chicken! Enjoy!

debsey

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:20 pm
Notsobusy wrote:

this sounds awesome. I'm trying it tomorrow night. thanks for posting!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 10:53 pm
Notsobusy wrote:

Is that water twice or is there any oil?

happyfaces

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 11:03 pm
married123 wrote:
Pour sauce and mix well:
1 1/3 c water
1/4 c sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp garlic powder

Amazing dinner! Make this all the time... can substitute any veggies/ or even beef instead of chicken! Enjoy!

Thank you Were can I find this sauce?

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 11:12 pm
I found super easy sesame chicken and chicken lo mein recipes online.

http://www.homecookingadventur.....icken

The lo mein is on kosher.com, and another recipe was on Sarah lasry's baking sheet dinner instagram page.

SpottedBanana

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 11:33 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Can you post your recipe for General Tso's chicken? Thanks!!!

I used this with vegetable broth instead of rice wine (though I did buy rice wine vinegar since it comes up in so many Asian recipes). There are also a couple of recipes for it on Joy of Kosher.

Maryann

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:07 am
married123 wrote:
Pour sauce and mix well:
1 1/3 c water
1/4 c sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp garlic powder

Whats hoisin sauce

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:47 am
Maryann wrote:
Whats hoisin sauce

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoisin_sauce

Maryann

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:51 am
Thx! Can't wait to try this!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:54 am
Green KBD has a recipe for chicken wontons. I use that recipe to marinate chicken for my chicken lo mein. Basically I buy a big package of chicken breast, cut it into strips and divide it into containers, and add the marinade to each container. Mix and freeze.

On a night that I want to make lo-mein, I defrost a container of the chicken, and stir fry it with my vegetables of choice (strips of colorful peppers, mushrooms, baby corn, brocolli if DD that is allergic isn't home....) and cook up a pot of pasta (ramen noodles or linguine.) Then I mix it all together. It's a real favorite of my kids....

When I want to be really special, I make chicken wontons all the way, with the dipping sauce. More like for Yom Tov appetizer, or for a child's birthday.

Maryann

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:59 am
Chayalle wrote:
Green KBD has a recipe for chicken wontons. I use that recipe to marinate chicken for my chicken lo mein. Basically I buy a big package of chicken breast, cut it into strips and divide it into containers, and add the marinade to each container. Mix and freeze.

On a night that I want to make lo-mein, I defrost a container of the chicken, and stir fry it with my vegetables of choice (strips of colorful peppers, mushrooms, baby corn, brocolli if DD that is allergic isn't home....) and cook up a pot of pasta (ramen noodles or linguine.) Then I mix it all together. It's a real favorite of my kids....

When I want to be really special, I make chicken wontons all the way, with the dipping sauce. More like for Yom Tov appetizer, or for a child's birthday.

Can you post the Marinade

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 11:26 am
Marinade for 1 lb. chicken cutlets:

3 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp salt (I use a half)
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 tsp sherry (I use whatever wine is in my fridge)
2 tsp corn starch
6 Tbsp oil
1 tsp soy sauce
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey