Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do you love your job?
Previous  1  2

gold21

Post Tue, Nov 06 2007, 4:10 pm
the reason that the jewish boards are full of cynics and doubters is cuz WE ARE SMART WOMEN. there is reason to be cynical and doubtful in todays world.
please dont compare this jewish forum to a different, random, non jewish forum.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 06 2007, 4:14 pm
Quote:
the reason that the jewish boards are full of cynics and doubters is cuz WE ARE SMART WOMEN. there is reason to be cynical and doubtful in todays world.

there is nothing intelligent in being contaminated by doubts and bad attitude. Doubting is one thing. Being cynical and nasty is another one.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 06 2007, 4:57 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Quote:
So don't go around telling everyone you love your job. Unless you are a MAN

come on...

Quote:
and even then, Frum guys shouldn't say they love their jobs because it implies he prefers it to 'Torah Study

come on...

I'm the same amother. Ruchel, you may not hear these things in your "neck of the woods" but this is the attitude in my neighborhood and to some extent, among many on this site.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 06 2007, 5:01 pm
I know some think like this, but I don't get it.
Many people are sooo pro working woman, I'm not, my goal is to stay a SAHM. But I'm happy to hear women who have to work, have a job they enjoy. And I don't understand why for a guy saying "I love my job" has "more than Torah" connotations. It's just twisting things.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 06 2007, 8:34 pm
Quote:
please dont compare this jewish forum to a different, random, non jewish forum.

I'm missing something here...

You seem to be saying that:
1. Non-Jews are dumb.
2. Being nice means you're dumb.

The logic eludes me.

Cynical and doubtful is the right attitude to have in "today's world?" Huh? I mean, you don't have to have a Pollyanna view of the world, but what I was talking about is how, so many times on imamother, people will ask for help or advice, and people end up bashing them. Healthy skepticism is good; snarking all the time at other people is a whole different thing. Apples and oranges, how can you compare?

JewishMother18

Post Wed, Nov 07 2007, 12:21 am
amother wrote:
Jewish Mother, I'm the OP, and I can't believe your horrific story!! I also had one of those bosses at one point, although not nearly so bad as yours. I was newly married, expecting, thousands of mile from friends/family, and my husband was learning...so there was no choice but to go to work every day and hear mean, mean things said to me all day long. And my boss was a frum lady who was looking for a shidduch (a middle-aged divorcee). People used to ask me about her for shidduchim. It was so hard trying to give information about her. I finally quit because I was a total wreck. I would come home and go straight to bed, couldn't face the thought of going back to work the next day, I was horribly depressed and felt awful about myself.

OP, the one wonderful thing that came out of this was that for 5 long years of marriage I was not yet pregnant and I didn't understand why. During the time that I had my breakdown, I suddenly fell pregnant - again, ours is not to question why, but good things come from bad.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics