Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Anyone doing weight watchers now?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 9:02 am
amother wrote:
Raisin, turkey breast is 0 points??? Is that the same as turkey roll slices? Which company turkey slices do you use?

How many points in gefilte fish - small slice from roll? I cook mine with a !of of sugar.

Kugel made with little oil?

I miss the 49 weekly points!! I barely have any left by shabbos since now the weekly is only 26 points!

It’s so easy to have a low point shabbos now!

Shibolim matzah is 2 points.
Salmon - 0
Chicken soup- 1
Salad with saladmate dressing- 1

Shibolim matzah- 2
Egg salad- 1 point for mayo
Turkey breast / chicken salad- 1 point for dressing

real

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 12:38 pm
I found Tnuva Light Munster cheese and it's only 1 point!

It's not the best but it's good enough for me.

Also Enlightened Ie cream bars are only 3 points- they also aren't the best but for 3 points I can pretend I am eating ice cream

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 1:15 pm
amother wrote:
It’s so easy to have a low point shabbos now!

Shibolim matzah is 2 points.
Salmon - 0
Chicken soup- 1
Salad with saladmate dressing- 1

Shibolim matzah- 2
Egg salad- 1 point for mayo
Turkey breast / chicken salad- 1 point for dressing

I was never into salmon. Do you have a good recipe?

Do you like shibolim matzah? FYI, kemach organic spelt is very tasty and is 3 points.

I am going to try a 3 point potato salad this week.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 1:19 pm
I just figured out that a knaidel (matzo ball) is 1 point!

I used the kemach mix box.

real

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 1:24 pm
A Package of veggie straws is 4 points- I am excited because if I really need to snack, I can eat half and 2 points is amazing for a splurge

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 1:27 pm
real wrote:
A Package of veggie straws is 4 points- I am excited because if I really need to snack, I can eat half and 2 points is amazing for a splurge

I just ate a bag of cart wheels....yum- only 2.5 points!

real

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 1:29 pm
what are cart wheels?

I had a rice cake with tuna, light mayonnaise and tnuva light cheese on top- a tuna melt for breakfast/lunch- it was only 3 points and good!

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 10:09 pm
And hence my continuing issue with WW. There are plenty of diets that tell you eat this, don't eat that. And they're great if that's what you want. WW has always touted itself as an eating plan where there are no foods that are off limits, although you need to limit quantity and frequency. Then the last couple of plans changed that, without changing their spiel. The drink is 79 points. Even on maintenance, its a "never." But even a piece of cake -- something that most people will have at some point or another -- became something like 25 points. It wasn't teaching you to eat in moderation, it was teaching you not to eat it. Which is fine if you're the kind of person who won't eat it. I'm not.

I have these same exact issues!!!! Cake with icing used to be like 14 and now is 23 approximately. They made nash prohibitive. It is just the same as forbidding certain foods. It used to be better when they let you eat whatever you wanted and manage it any way you liked. But there are some distinct advantages to freestyle: You can have used all your points and still eat a free dinner of chicken veggies and beans or corn etc. instead of just being able to eat 0 point fruit. Or you can eat all 0 foods daytime and have some yummy carbs or treats at night in addition to a low point dinner for your 23 daily points. It does work out. My only gripe is that they should normalize the points of ice cream, cake and other stuff they made prohibitive. Like, let us enjoy our treats, please.
But I do not know how to manage Shabbos well at all and eat anything and everything. Sunday used to be my weigh in day and I would binge on Shabbos and start anew on Sunday. I still binge on Shabbos but my official weigh in day is Wed. now,specifically in an effort to cut down on Shabbos binging.
With that being said, I have not figured out how to do Shabbos.
Questions for you all. Which day is your weigh in day and how do you manage Shabbos? Do you pretrack or track after or not at all?

real

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 10:19 pm
I do Tueday- it just happened to work out that way. As far as Shabbos goes, I pre plan point wise but only add it after Shabbos, because I always end up eating more/less than I originally thought. This week I didn't touch any of my weekly points so now-mozei Shabbos I am eating a half club deli sandwich-I am splurging!
And I can have little snacks here and there until Tuesday

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 11:03 pm
I had to decide what I will eat on shabbos b4 shabbos began. I think that's the only way to do it.

I made sure to prepare/buy the foods I would need. Even with using most of my weekly points over shabbos it was still hard but hopefully well worth it.

My weigh in day is Monday so hopefully if I stick with the 23 daily points I'm allowed on Sunday, by Monday a weekly weight loss will show.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 11:07 pm
These are cartwheels

http://zoharkosher.co.uk/snacks.html

987gold

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 9:26 pm
Keep the ideas coming! I just joined. Keep going up and down the same 5 pounds for the last 4 months since having a baby. Hoping to knock 20 this way. Really hoping to stick with this! We can do this. ended up joining after shabbos. Shabbos I tried to be good. Had 2 good snacks in the afternoon, poocorners and low fat corn pops. Enjoyed lots of veges, bought good whole wheat matza, was trying to be conscious of what I was eating....gefilte fish eggs drop of liver and cole slaw, some chulent....salad, Chick peas, avacodo...didn't eat shabbos morning and I think that's what helped. Bought loads of veges. Hoping to make a brocolli cauliflower onion soup. How do I calculate points if I use a drop of olive oil?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 9:54 pm
Does anyone have a good fish recipe? I’m embarrassed to say that I hardly ever eat fish and they all taste the same to me. Since it’s zero points I want to try to get into it.

1 tsp of oil is 1 Point -

chayamiriam

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 10:22 pm
Just reading all these tips, I just joined and love the app. But still learning how to track. I liked the meetings too. First time in my life I am on an established weight loss program without just starvation!

real

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 10:33 pm
for salmon I just put mustard on top and bake. It comes out really good and mustard is 0 points too. I am not into fish but I am ok eating salmon once a week. B'H been losing and very excited!

Lost 3 pounds the first week
1.5 pounds the second week and on Tuesday will see about this week.

I definitely feel healthier and eat less by choice.Hope I can lose another 20 pounds!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 10:40 pm
chayamiriam wrote:
Just reading all these tips, I just joined and love the app. But still learning how to track. I liked the meetings too. First time in my life I am on an established weight loss program without just starvation!

Good for you!!! It works as long as you stick with it! You’ll iy”H see good results! I tried so many things that I couldn’t stick with till I did weight watchers. When I first started a number of years ago, I lost 25 lbs after 6 months. Now that I’m back on it again at least I know that if I persevere, I’ll see good results.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 10:42 pm
real wrote:
for salmon I just put mustard on top and bake. It comes out really good and mustard is 0 points too. I am not into fish but I am ok eating salmon once a week. B'H been losing and very excited!

Lost 3 pounds the first week
1.5 pounds the second week and on Tuesday will see about this week.

I definitely feel healthier and eat less by choice.Hope I can lose another 20 pounds!

So you probably lost at least 5 lbs! Wow!

Just mustard... hmmm
No lemon or spices?

cbg

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 11:07 pm
Light Mayohas dairy in it?

real

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 11:12 pm
Shoprite light mayo is pareve

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 11:37 pm
real wrote:
Shoprite light mayo is pareve

So is Hellmann and all the Jewish brands and recently I found price chopper light mayo in gourmet glatt - parve and 1 point a tbls
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise