Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Mixers
1  2  Next

ICANDOIT!

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 2:00 pm
Does anyone know the difference between the Bosch stand Mixer and the 6 quart kitchenaid mixer. Do you know which one is better?

supermom

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 2:15 pm
the only one of these companies that I heard of is the kitchenaid and they are the best company that I know I have a lot of things from them that they last a very long time.

queen

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 2:16 pm
I thought a Basch was a better machine, and as my mother offered to buy me a Basch when I got married, I gladly accepted.

It's a long story, (don't laugh!!!!!!!) but I have my husband's-grandmothers kitchen aid as well. and I use the kitchen aid ALLLLLL the time and love it.

I only use the basch for yeast doughs or challah.

queen

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 2:17 pm
good thing about basch is it has a cover, which stops flour from flying around the kitchen while baking.... vs. kitchen aid that I usually have to 'make' a cover from silver-foil to stop flour from escaping while mixing large amounts, while using!

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 2:30 pm
my 6 qt. kitchen aid came with a "cover" called a shield. but I never use. I just let the flour fly, and it'll get cleaned up eventually...
I never used a bosch, but my kitchen aid works very well for yeast doughs (w/ the dough hook)- my sister does a 5 lb. flour recipe in hers! shock

lucky

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 2:57 pm
My bosch machine kneads 6 lbs. challah dough.(my mom does 7 lbs. in hers) I enjoy mine very much.

Recently I heard about the Magic Mill, People who use it once, don't want to use anything else.

sarahd

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 3:07 pm
Kitchen Aid is the best. My mother's is 40 years old and still going strong. I did not get a Kitchen Aid and I really regret it. I have a Kenwood and I hate it.

gryp

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 3:50 pm
I dont have a magic mill but I used one many times at a friends house and they are wonderful.
kitchen aids are good too, I like the biggest size (I forget how many cups it is)

Tefila

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 4:07 pm
But how does one clean and have it out of sight in ones kitchen I hate clutter Confused

motheroftwo

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 4:46 pm
the bosh has 700 watts of power which I think is more than the kitchen aid that has tops 520. It is great for making challah or any heavy dough. even in large quantities. I have a 5qt. kitchen aid and cannot make a 5lb recipe in that. Even with half it seems to get hot and jumps around. The 6quart is more powerful but still doesn't compare to bosh. Kitchen aid however is better for making cakes. My cousin actually has both and uses the kitchen aid for cake,cookies etc and the bosh for challah.
hope this helps.

Didi

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 5:12 pm
I have a bosch and love it, the only diffrence that I can tell you of ofhand is that a bosch I can lift and hold over my head and dance with it, the kitchenaid I can't lift and would have to stay on my counter forever.

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 5:22 pm
that's very true. I keep my kitchen aid on the floor of my pantry, so if I need to use, I try to ask my dh to put it on the counter the night or morning before I'll need it. it's not that I can't lift it by myself, but when I was pregnany I didn't so I just got into the habit of making him do it!

queen

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 6:30 pm
Didi wrote:
a bosch I can lift and hold over my head and dance with it,

which dance, the horah?
sorry, I just HAD to add that!!!!!
but it was tongue in cheek!

Smile

de_goldy

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 7:49 pm
Hm... and here I am still using a hand-mixer (cuz I prefer it).

Tovah

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 9:12 pm
I heard that the bosh is better

mommy2

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 9:18 pm
de goldy and I am back to mixing w a spoon and bowl, its easier than taking out the bosch and washing it...

lucy

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 9:48 pm
If I had the choice btwn the 2 I would go with the Bosch - it's a better machine.
But If you could buy something else then definately go for the Magic Mill. I have one, & its amazing I bake huge loads of challah. It has a big mixing bowl, (I think the Bosch one is smallish) & very powerful.

Depends what you need it for. If your not the type of person who bakes challah then you really don't need to invest in such an expensive machine.

Chanie

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 4:21 pm
I also had the choice of either one... the Kitchen-aid (6 quart) does make a large batch of challah.. I use 5 lbs. of floor in it (make 7 loafs) and it kneads fine. My biggest concern with Bosch is that I heard that it's not as easy to get parts and they cost more then the kitchen-aid. I called Kitchen-aid with concerns and they had great customer service.

lucky

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 4:47 pm
I get all bosch macine parts in a local appliance repair shop.

Post Mon, Nov 07 2005, 2:58 pm
does anyone have a 5 qt. kitchen-aid? what do you think of it?
also is it professional (bowl goes up and down, 350 watts) or regular/artisan (head tilts up and down, 325 watts)?

Last edited by 613 on Mon, Nov 07 2005, 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen