Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Morahs...

mommyloves

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 12:01 pm
What do you wear- a tichel, snood, wig?

I wear a tichel now because our playgroup gets messy and it's a full day but I feel so unprofessional and sluchey. But all my wigs are very long and I look awful in short. What do my fellow morahs wear? How do you manage? If you wear a wig, does it get gross by the end of the day?

cnc

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 12:02 pm
How about wearing your wig up in a bun or pony if it makes you feel more put together?

zoom

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 3:17 pm
I work half day as a teacher and I also feel a bit ichy in my wig especially when its hot and im running around. I always carry a brush around w me for a quick touchup. I know I would feel more comfortable in a snood but I prefer the look of a wig, even if its messy when everyone can see me.
Then again, I love the look of the huge headscarfs some women wear, with the big earrings but I don't think I could pull that off.

DVOM

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 4:51 pm
I'm not a morah, but I work with kids on the floor all day long. If I work in a wig, I end up with glue and paint and sand in my hair at the end of the day. I prefer functional and comfortable headcoverings, mostly hats or scarves. If you buy pretty ones, you wont feel 'shluchy'.

QUEENY

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 6:30 pm
I'm a Morah for 3-4 year olds, I have always worn a fall.I can't stand hair in my face. There are times when I get glue or paint in my hair and I just wash it out. All the teachers in the preschool wear shaitels..mostly shoulder length.

penguin

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 6:43 pm
The mother of a hearing-impaired child looked for a pre-school morah who teaches in a snood. A morah with a wig might have something blocking her mouth when the child was trying to lip-read.

So there's another side to everything!

BA

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 12:16 am
I wear a wig to teach preschool it helps me feel put together

momX4

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 1:01 am
I have seen morahs that wear a snood every day except Friday. On Friday they wear a sheitel.

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 1:56 am
Surprised not more votes for pony wigs. I used to wear exclusively tichels, but now I wear a headband fall with a ponytail. It stays out of my way and is easy to maintain. I switched because I was working in an environment where there was literally no one else with any kind of ethnic headcovering and I was getting uncomfortable.

weasley

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 2:30 am
Just a side point of your putting it in a ponytail it might be an idea to use a scrunchy coz then you don't get the cink (not sure if that's how you spell it!!) When you put the hair back down.

Sadie

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 5:11 am
I can’t imagine teaching preschool in a wig. I was a ganenet for a year and at the end of each day I felt like I needed to run my whole body through a car wash. I wore washable pretieds only. I didn’t feel the need to look put together in front of babies.

chocolatecake

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 11:29 am
My son was in a legal preschool last year. There were 4 classes in the school. His Morah used to wear a snood sometimes and it kind of rubbed me the wrong way. It just looked very unprofessional. A hat or even a scarf would look better than a snood. My toddler now is in a home based daycare and her Morah wears a snood every day and I couldnt care less. I understand that this is preschool and you get dirty and obviously you will wear comfortable casual clothing but a snood may just look a tad too unprofessional.

flmommy

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 11:31 am
Would it be possible to wear a wig at carpool pickup and drop off but switch to a Tichel all day long?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels