Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Can I send my husband to a hoisery store
1  2  Next

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 9:51 am
I need leggings for my 2 babies. Am I able to send my husband to the hosiery store for it or it's not appropriate?

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 9:51 am
You can ask him to go

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 9:56 am
forget it. Asked him he doesn't wanna go

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:02 am
Can you call & tell them what you want, pay over the phone & he should just pick up the bag??

cnc

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:04 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Can you call & tell them what you want, pay over the phone & he should just pick up the bag??

I was going to suggest this as well if he's uncomfortable walking into the store and shopping.

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:09 am
You never give them a choice. Act like this is normal.

Have the stuff "made ready" at the register for him to walk in and pick up.

I send DH to the shell store, the robe store, the hosiery store. The advantage is they want him in and out fast. They practically run to help him.

WWG1WGA

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:19 am
Squishy wrote:
You never give them a choice. Act like this is normal.

Have the stuff "made ready" at the register for him to walk in and pick up.

I send DH to the shell store, the robe store, the hosiery store. The advantage is they want him in and out fast. They practically run to help him.
lol!!! I've send me dh to buy me pads..he buys the best ones Wink

Bluesky 1

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:24 am
I also send my dh to buy me pads. I was uncomfortable until I didnt have a choice and just asked and he did it no problem. its called life. just tell youor dh that they will prepare it and he only has to pickup. if he flat out gets upset then you know it not ok for now. but I would revisit it another time and just act like its normal. like another poster said.

its really a nvery normal thing for a dh to go pickup things for his wife. its normal. dont give up just yet.

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:33 am
Bluesky 1 wrote:
I also send my dh to buy me pads. I was uncomfortable until I didnt have a choice and just asked and he did it no problem. its called life. just tell youor dh that they will prepare it and he only has to pickup. if he flat out gets upset then you know it not ok for now. but I would revisit it another time and just act like its normal. like another poster said.

its really a nvery normal thing for a dh to go pickup things for his wife. its normal. dont give up just yet.

This is a case of don't ask - tell.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:35 am
If it's just hosiery or kids clothing it's fine. If they sell women's clothing or robes then I would not send him. When I come out of the dressing room to look in the better mirror to analyze whether the outfit is too short or tight or needs a different shell I don't expect to meet men.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:37 am
I would not send a man to a robe store or any stores that women are trying on stuff, it's not appropriate & uncomfortable for women trying on to see men in the store. & im sure it's uncomfortable for the men going in as well.

thanks

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:50 am
I would buy them on Amazon. Save everyone the trip.

mom2six

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:53 am
My DH always buys my pads. He does our weekly grocery shopping, and whenever I need a pack, I put it on the list. He knows exactly which kind I like.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:54 am
True story: I broke my leg and had to go to hospital. There was no clean laundry in the house and I needed underwear, so dh went to a big department store to buy underwear (panties) for me. He was too embarrassed to go and look at the different styles, so he stopped a woman shopping, explained the situation, and asked her to pick some out!!!! (and she did!)

studying_torah

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 11:49 am
I was not very pleased as a teen when a man walked into a lingerie store in boro park to pick something up
I don't know why they didn't bring it out to him.

Chloe

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 11:51 am
amother wrote:
True story: I broke my leg and had to go to hospital. There was no clean laundry in the house and I needed underwear, so dh went to a big department store to buy underwear (panties) for me. He was too embarrassed to go and look at the different styles, so he stopped a woman shopping, explained the situation, and asked her to pick some out!!!! (and she did!)

Gotta love his creativity Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

happyone

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 1:05 pm
The guy that walked into a lingerie shop in a very chassidish town. He looked at the floor visibly uncomfortable. When asked how he can be helped, he blushed and said wife just gave birth and needs a bra. Cashier asked gently "what size does she wear. GUY looks up for first time, sees the 300 lb plus women in front of him and looks down again responding. "Just like you!"

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 1:07 pm
studying_torah wrote:
I was not very pleased as a teen when a man walked into a lingerie store in boro park to pick something up
I don't know why they didn't bring it out to him.

That was my father and I'm sorry he made you uncomfortable. He worked in Boro Park and we lived somewhere else, so my mother would often ask him to go to the sock/lingerie store on New Utrecht to buy her or my older sister bras. All she would tell him was the size, and he once told me he was very uncomfortable when the saleswoman asked him what kind of bra he wanted and he had no idea what to say. I can't believe my mother did that to him.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 1:21 pm
My DH has gone to buy me tights, sanitary pads and nursing bras after I gave birth, he's done it all . He puts his discomfort aside to take care of me and for that I'm very thankful.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 1:26 pm
Wasn't on new Utrecht , but it was a very chasdidish man. Super uncomfortable for everyone.
And yes, dh buys me pads too, but I feel like it's different to buy it in Walgreens vs in a specific lingerie shop.
Then again, I'm a person who feels awkward w the men who own/work in the Lakewood hosiery stores.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette