Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Tamiflu as prevention for two month old
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 11:41 pm
[quote="amother"]
gold21 wrote:
You wouldn't be able to take anyone to court for administration of Tamiflu. It's perfectly legal.

You seriously can't take a joke? I meant to say that your reaction to my post was very defensive.

I will reiterate once more; it seems like you're not getting me. This is MY EXPERIENCE, MY RESEARCH, MY FEARS and MY CONCLUSIONS, and its not Toras Moshe. I am speaking for myself just the way you are taking the liberty to voice your opinion and you don't have to agree. This is an open forum. Open for discussions, opinions, agreements and even disagreements. As long as it's conducted in a respectful manner. Why do you take MY opinion so personally?

I do encourage every parent to listen to their own gut ferling, but it's no secret that the medical world had the last word always. Till people started questioning. How come the flu shot is on marketed on many billboards, offered free in any pharmacy, clinic at no cost to you? In most hospitals the first question is about vaccines?

On the other hand it's so hard to get simple medications covered by insurance. My neighbor has a huge co-pay for her thyroid medication. Why? Explain it to me please. Anything flu related is granted right away. It's offered, pushed even on pregnant women. When I was expecting my 1st child 15 years ago, my doc told me to even avoid Tylenol if possible. Today they're giving out meds and vaccines to expecting moms like candy and claim "benefits outweigh the risks".

Something doesn't add up. One has to be poor, sick physically or mentally to get Public assistance. When it comes to new meds they push you like crazy. It's time to take your head out of sand and start looking around at what's happening. They are adding more and more meds and vaccines every year. I won't be surprised if they'll pull it off the market in a couple of years.

G'night.

I don't give my kids the flu shot by the way. And I agree that the medical world is way too pushy about it. It is definitely strange and suspect.

I'm not taking you so personally! I dont even know who you are, you're anonymous. Lol. My kids have the flu right now as we speak, by the way. It's kind of a personal topic to me at the moment. But I am generally sensitive to information that I feel is being represented inaccurately, I do tend to question anything that seems to be misrepresented. I've been this way since I was like 14. ;-) So it's not personal at all. I do enjoy discussion and debate though so I'm open to that if you want! Sorry if you feel that I'm jumping down your throat.

Have a good night. Tongue Out

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 7:46 am
gold21 wrote:
I don't give my kids the flu shot by the way. And I agree that the medical world is way too pushy about it. It is definitely strange and suspect.

I'm not taking you so personally! I dont even know who you are, you're anonymous. Lol. My kids have the flu right now as we speak, by the way. It's kind of a personal topic to me at the moment. But I am generally sensitive to information that I feel is being represented inaccurately, I do tend to question anything that seems to be misrepresented. I've been this way since I was like 14. ;-) So it's not personal at all. I do enjoy discussion and debate though so I'm open to that if you want! Sorry if you feel that I'm jumping down your throat.

Have a good night. Tongue Out

I want to share the data but don't have it at my fingertips. My friend saw the stats of Tamiflu on a government website. She moved overseas so time zones are different and I couldn't reach her by phone. I'm making Bar Mitzvah next week and I'm so busy, barely catching my breath. I did come on here to relax and hot myself into a debate, lol. Silly of me, but as I said this is personal to me. I e-mailed her to send me the link ASAP and hope she sees it so I can give you satisfying true answers. Please be Patient. I have no time, Prepring a Kiddish and all. As soon as she e-mail me, I'll post it on here...

Thanks.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 9:30 am
Three and a half days in. Patient zero 6 doses in, baby 3...
Patient zero is feeling vastly better, back to school since yesterday... it was obvious that Tamiflu played a role.
Baby is slightly crankier after each dose, and his body temperature seems to be slightly elevated though he isn’t screaming in pain or spiking a fever.
I’m thinking of stopping him, but afraid that if there’s flu in his system it’ll come roaring out. I definitely won’t continue the full ten day regimen.
As an aside, the pharmacy hasn’t sent me enough suspension for any of the kids. They called to ask if I want another bottle because most parents don’t. I guess I’m not the only one who doesn’t feel comfortable giving more than strictly necessary.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 10:14 am
So I’ve been busy googling Tamilflu and was getting mixed results like on this thread pretty much. Then for perspective I googled Tylenol side effects and adverse effects. Guess what? Google had more horror stories about Tylenol than about Tamiflu. I guess this means we shouldn’t be taking Tylenol either? I think it means google is not that trustworthy and only the sensational stuff makes it into the news and websites.

gold21

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 10:18 am
amother wrote:
I want to share the data but don't have it at my fingertips. My friend saw the stats of Tamiflu on a government website. She moved overseas so time zones are different and I couldn't reach her by phone. I'm making Bar Mitzvah next week and I'm so busy, barely catching my breath. I did come on here to relax and hot myself into a debate, lol. Silly of me, but as I said this is personal to me. I e-mailed her to send me the link ASAP and hope she sees it so I can give you satisfying true answers. Please be Patient. I have no time, Prepring a Kiddish and all. As soon as she e-mail me, I'll post it on here...

Thanks.

Great. I look forward to seeing that link.

Mazal Tov on the bar mitzvah. It's kind of hard to make sensational statements like you did earlier in this thread and not get involved in some sort of debate, so if you came here to relax.... Lol.

I am patient, no problem, and I look forward to hearing more.

gold21

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 10:20 am
amother wrote:
So I’ve been busy googling Tamilflu and was getting mixed results like on this thread pretty much. Then for perspective I googled Tylenol side effects and adverse effects. Guess what? Google had more horror stories about Tylenol than about Tamiflu. I guess this means we shouldn’t be taking Tylenol either? I think it means google is not that trustworthy and only the sensational stuff makes it into the news and websites.

Totally agree with you. Every medication has possible side effects. Tamiflu is relatively new to the market and people are still hesitant about it.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 1:37 pm
gold21 wrote:
Totally agree with you. Every medication has possible side effects. Tamiflu is relatively new to the market and people are still hesitant about it.

My rationale about any new medication is: If the initial reviews are bad and no one's life is in danger by not taking it, WHY should I be the guinea pig? Who in their right mind would offer for FREE their own or their child, for the government to try new drugs on??? This is essentially what people are doing without realizing. The CDC couldn't be happier. Naive, unassuming people taking it and it's costing them NOTHING. Even if one does have damage from Tamiflu or any other pharmaceutical product (like vaccined) the government compensation Court has made it nearly impossible to claim compensation. They will do anything they can to find another problem or "pre-existing condition or unknown diagnosis that was overlooked" in order to protect themselves. The parents end up having to pay out of pocket for their child's recovery. In some cases there is unfortunately no one to recover and only years later we hear a RECALL. For example Vioxx. It took so many innocent lives. Their are plentynof other recalls that have black box warnings today or were completely banned.

On the flip side, if there's a question of lifelong ramifications or a loss of life, I would without a doubt not hesitate to do whatever it takes to save that life. It's not black and white, there's a fine line. We as parents have a chiyuv to educate ourselves and follow our G-D given motherly instincts. If you're uneasy and your doctor pushes, don't cave in. There's very likely a reason you're uncomfortable. I'm not talking to the hypochondriachs. I think parents should have an open mind. Sometimes we are afraid of facing the truth based on a mistake we made that induces guilt. Is this a reason to bury your head on sand and repeat the mistake? No. I know how it feels because I had it. I don't blame myself - I didn't know. But now I know BH!

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 3:20 pm
amother wrote:
My rationale about any new medication is: If the initial reviews are bad and no one's life is in danger by not taking it, WHY should I be the guinea pig? Who in their right mind would offer for FREE their own or their child, for the government to try new drugs on??? This is essentially what people are doing without realizing. The CDC couldn't be happier. Naive, unassuming people taking it and it's costing them NOTHING. Even if one does have damage from Tamiflu or any other pharmaceutical product (like vaccined) the government compensation Court has made it nearly impossible to claim compensation. They will do anything they can to find another problem or "pre-existing condition or unknown diagnosis that was overlooked" in order to protect themselves. The parents end up having to pay out of pocket for their child's recovery. In some cases there is unfortunately no one to recover and only years later we hear a RECALL. For example Vioxx. It took so many innocent lives. Their are plentynof other recalls that have black box warnings today or were completely banned.

On the flip side, if there's a question of lifelong ramifications or a loss of life, I would without a doubt not hesitate to do whatever it takes to save that life. It's not black and white, there's a fine line. We as parents have a chiyuv to educate ourselves and follow our G-D given motherly instincts. If you're uneasy and your doctor pushes, don't cave in. There's very likely a reason you're uncomfortable. I'm not talking to the hypochondriachs. I think parents should have an open mind. Sometimes we are afraid of facing the truth based on a mistake we made that induces guilt. Is this a reason to bury your head on sand and repeat the mistake? No. I know how it feels because I had it. I don't blame myself - I didn't know. But now I know BH!

You are really uninformed. The cdc doesn’t make money off of tamiflu or any other drug. And drugs undergo rigorous testing here much more than any other country before they are released to the public. So you are not a guinea pig.

It can be a matter if life and death. This is the worst flu season since 2009.

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 4:12 pm
amother wrote:
You are really uninformed. The cdc doesn’t make money off of tamiflu or any other drug. And drugs undergo rigorous testing here much more than any other country before they are released to the public. So you are not a guinea pig.

Your disagreeing with the above poster does not make her uninformed. It's possible that she may have the same information as you, and regard the situation differently. Alternatively she might know someting you are unaware of.

The drug companies and FDA make amssive amounts off approved drugs. To have a drug approved by the FDA costs drug companies quite a lot of money. If new drugs aren't being approved, the FDA isn't making all that new money.

Do you know who pays for all this new drug testing? In many (if not most cases) most to all of the testing is paid for by the drug manufacturers themselves. Obviously it's impossible for researchers to be unbiased when the drug companies are paying them to test their new drugs. It's very plausible that these researchers/institutions would like the drug companies' repeat "business."

Last but not least, the CDC actually profits enormously from FDA approval of new drugs. According to an article in the British Medical Journal (BMJ), penned by the journal’s associate editor, Jeanne Lenzer:
"Despite the agency’s disclaimer, the CDC does receive millions of dollars in industry gifts and funding, both directly and indirectly, and several recent CDC actions and recommendations have raised questions about the science it cites, the clinical guidelines it promotes, and the money it is taking.”

Moreover, the CDC accepts private funding from corporate doners, according to Tom Frieden, director of the CDC, who remarked: “Public-private partnerships allow CDC to do more, faster. The agency’s core values of accountability, respect, and integrity guide the way CDC spends the funds entrusted to it.
When possible conflicts of interests arise, we take a hard, close look to ensure that proper policies and guidelines are followed before accepting outside donations.”

Clearly conflicts of interest arise over big money from private corporate doners (drug companies) and the CDC. Whether you trust the CDC, FDA and drug companies to do the right thing when billions of dollars are at stake is up to you...

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 8:26 pm
amother wrote:

amother wrote:

amother wrote:

Look, it's MY beliefs based on my research and personal experience versus YOUR beliefs that have been parroted all the years by the medical world. Maybe you did do some research... Had you been a medically injured victim you would no doubt talk differently. The above poster (thanks blush) presented very solid and raw facts which you can research for yourself. I also knew and believed the very same information as that you cite, for years. But being a mother that has been damaged by the FDA and CDC'S products "that has been through rigorous testing" left me with a desire and responsibility to research and uncover the truth. So that innocent mothers like YOU, don't learn by accident like I did. I am paying so much money out of pocket for my child that SHOULD have been avoided, if it's how you say it is. I did lots of my own questioning among family, neighbors and friends. It's absolutely horrifying how duped and controlled we are by the very agencies that SHOULD be protecting us but are not. The data that I compiled from my close friends and community at large is not published in any medical journals. We are a fairly large group of moms trying to restore our perfectly once healthy kids, that suddenly became strangely disabled, [crazy], paralyzed or non-verbal "out of the blue" after innocently following doctor's advice. Wether it's an unnecessary procedure in the hospital, Tamiflu, or new vaccines which became mandatory suddenly for minor illnesses that never had vaccines "and suddenly may be deadly, SO GIVE IT NOW!" No matter how old. Preemie, newborn or unborn!

My neighbor came frantically knocking on my door this morning. She is 7 .5 months pregnant and started Tamiflu yesterday morning because 2 of her kids have the flu. She says that her fever is gone but she's been cramping all night with diharrea plus vomiting and can't keep a thing down. She has horrible night sweats and night terrors and thought she might going into labor due to dehydration. She asked if I have zofran (which I had at home from my last pregnancy, I gave it and told her to go to Urgent care right away. They gave her some IV hydration and told her to call her OB. Her OB told her to stop taking Tamifu immediately, drink alot and stay in bed to avoid contractions. She's still feeling horrible and dropped off her kids at my house a couple of minutes ago. She's heading Seeing her ON in the hospital because she's afraid she might be contracting and wants to avoid preterm labor!! HOPE she'll be ok and is just being cautious. I'll let you know. I feel compelled to bring this to public attention. There are too many women in our circles who lost their unborn babies because of these "absolutely necessary" preventive measures. Flu shots, DPT shots and Tamiflu.

When I had my first child almost 15 yrs ago my doctor told me to avoid everything only allowing Tylenol IF needed. Today, they are pushing vaccines on pregnant women as if it's child's play. How is it suddenly safe? My blood is boiling right now!! Can someone please explain the logic behind this??? Our mothers were fine without taking shots during pregnancy. All my kids were BH ok without me taking the DTAP or Flu vaccine. I never in my life took the Flu vaccine and never had the flu to my knowledge . My daughter did habe the flu a couple of years ago and I gave her Tamiflu. She had a frightening reaction, as I mentioned in an earlier post. Hashem designed our bodies with immune systems for a reason!! Our Immune system didn't suddenly forget how to kick in... It's mind boggling. Terrifying. Sadly we have the sickest generation of kids today (and adults), due to poor nutrition, inactive lifestyles and antibiotics being abused, drugs and vaccines being pushed. It's a very sad phenomenon. It's hard to look the monster in the eye, but it's high time. Who knows what we'll be forced to give next? Why are we all running to drugs to magically make it ok.

Two of my kids had a nasty 48 hour virus last week. I told my mother how hard it is and they barely want to eat anything. She asked if I put up a lot of chicken soup and I said no. I totally forgot about the old tried and true remedies! I gave them tons of chicken soup, tried avoiding motrin so that the gever can do the job it was meant to, and encouraged them to rest. Gave them some good old vitamin D, vitamin C and an immune booster. My pediatrician told me that there are multiple credible studies that prove that having adequate vitamin D levels before flu season peaks, can help you stay resistant to the flu and avoid getting sick in the first place. I didn't test if they have the flu because after 24 hours their fever was gone BH. One of my kids had a bad cough and I cut open an onion and put it right next to him. It literally stopped the coughing effectively after about half hour to an hour eliminating the need for a nebulizer. Hashem's natural medicine! try it, it really works!

Gut Voch and Bsuros Tovos!

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 8:50 pm
amother wrote:
I didn't test if they have the flu because after 24 hours their fever was gone BH. One of my kids had a bad cough and I cut open an onion and put it right next to him. It literally stopped the coughing effectively after about half hour to an hour eliminating the need for a nebulizer. Hashem's natural medicine! try it, it really works!

Deeply grateful you are not parenting my children.

gold21

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 8:51 pm
Wow. Yikes. Hmm.

OK, just for the purpose of a fair and balanced review of Tamiflu, I will say that I personally have had a good experience with it. I gave it to my daughter two years ago and to my son this year (this week actually). I didn't give Tamiflu to my other children who got the flu this year- I only gave to that son, I felt he needed it. My other ones with the flu were fine without Tamiflu, the flu lasted three and a half days for them without medication, it definitely wasn't pleasant but it wasn't terrible either. Baruch Hashem.

Also my sis gave Tamiflu this year and her son did well on it and a close friend of mine gave to all her kids this year and they did well on it. (Three of them had the flu and the 4th, the baby, was given it as a preventative).

Just thought I'd share my experiences, for a more well-rounded look at Tamiflu, since we're going off personal anecdotes instead of data for the time being.

gold21

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 8:58 pm
amother wrote:
Look, it's MY beliefs based on my research and personal experience versus YOUR beliefs that have been parroted all the years by the medical world. Maybe you did do some research... Had you been a medically injured victim you would no doubt talk differently. The above poster (thanks blush) presented very solid and raw facts which you can research for yourself. I also knew and believed the very same information as that you cite, for years. But being a mother that has been damaged by the FDA and CDC'S products "that has been through rigorous testing" left me with a desire and responsibility to research and uncover the truth. So that innocent mothers like YOU, don't learn by accident like I did. I am paying so much money out of pocket for my child that SHOULD have been avoided, if it's how you say it is. I did lots of my own questioning among family, neighbors and friends. It's absolutely horrifying how duped and controlled we are by the very agencies that SHOULD be protecting us but are not. The data that I compiled from my close friends and community at large is not published in any medical journals. We are a fairly large group of moms trying to restore our perfectly once healthy kids, that suddenly became strangely disabled, [crazy], paralyzed or non-verbal "out of the blue" after innocently following doctor's advice. Wether it's an unnecessary procedure in the hospital, Tamiflu, or new vaccines which became mandatory suddenly for minor illnesses that never had vaccines "and suddenly may be deadly, SO GIVE IT NOW!" No matter how old. Preemie, newborn or unborn!

My neighbor came frantically knocking on my door this morning. She is 7 .5 months pregnant and started Tamiflu yesterday morning because 2 of her kids have the flu. She says that her fever is gone but she's been cramping all night with diharrea plus vomiting and can't keep a thing down. She has horrible night sweats and night terrors and thought she might going into labor due to dehydration. She asked if I have zofran (which I had at home from my last pregnancy, I gave it and told her to go to Urgent care right away. They gave her some IV hydration and told her to call her OB. Her OB told her to stop taking Tamifu immediately, drink alot and stay in bed to avoid contractions. She's still feeling horrible and dropped off her kids at my house a couple of minutes ago. She's heading Seeing her ON in the hospital because she's afraid she might be contracting and wants to avoid preterm labor!! HOPE she'll be ok and is just being cautious. I'll let you know. I feel compelled to bring this to public attention. There are too many women in our circles who lost their unborn babies because of these "absolutely necessary" preventive measures. Flu shots, DPT shots and Tamiflu.

When I had my first child almost 15 yrs ago my doctor told me to avoid everything only allowing Tylenol IF needed. Today, they are pushing vaccines on pregnant women as if it's child's play. How is it suddenly safe? My blood is boiling right now!! Can someone please explain the logic behind this??? Our mothers were fine without taking shots during pregnancy. All my kids were BH ok without me taking the DTAP or Flu vaccine. I never in my life took the Flu vaccine and never had the flu to my knowledge . My daughter did habe the flu a couple of years ago and I gave her Tamiflu. She had a frightening reaction, as I mentioned in an earlier post. Hashem designed our bodies with immune systems for a reason!! Our Immune system didn't suddenly forget how to kick in... It's mind boggling. Terrifying. Sadly we have the sickest generation of kids today (and adults), due to poor nutrition, inactive lifestyles and antibiotics being abused, drugs and vaccines being pushed. It's a very sad phenomenon. It's hard to look the monster in the eye, but it's high time. Who knows what we'll be forced to give next? Why are we all running to drugs to magically make it ok.

Two of my kids had a nasty 48 hour virus last week. I told my mother how hard it is and they barely want to eat anything. She asked if I put up a lot of chicken soup and I said no. I totally forgot about the old tried and true remedies! I gave them tons of chicken soup, tried avoiding motrin so that the gever can do the job it was meant to, and encouraged them to rest. Gave them some good old vitamin D, vitamin C and an immune booster. My pediatrician told me that there are multiple credible studies that prove that having adequate vitamin D levels before flu season peaks, can help you stay resistant to the flu and avoid getting sick in the first place. I didn't test if they have the flu because after 24 hours their fever was gone BH. One of my kids had a bad cough and I cut open an onion and put it right next to him. It literally stopped the coughing effectively after about half hour to an hour eliminating the need for a nebulizer. Hashem's natural medicine! try it, it really works!

OK, so, as a general rule, I admire people who go against the grain and question the status quo, so I don't have a problem with your questioning things and doing your own thing. Cool! In life, it's always good to question things and educate yourself instead of following blindly, regardless of the subject matter.

But.... Please, stick with the facts. We do NOT have the sickest generation of kids ever. We do NOT. There have been some pretty miserable generations of sick kids in times gone by. Sad to say, but honestly, its the truth. What are you basing your conclusions regarding the health of our generation on?

Amein and Besuros Tovos to you as well!

keym

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 9:24 pm
gold21 wrote:
OK, so, as a general rule, I admire people who go against the grain and question the status quo, so I don't have a problem with your questioning the medical world and the CDC and doing your own thing. Cool! In life, it's always good to question things and educate yourself instead of following blindly.

But.... Please, stick with the facts. We do NOT have the sickest generation of kids ever. We do NOT. There have been some pretty miserable generations of sick kids in times gone by. Sad to say, but honestly, its the truth. What are you basing your conclusions regarding the health of our generation on?

To add to this, I have heard that medical advances have made survival for so many more likely, even if they survive with deficits. In previous generations, the child died. Now, the child lives with deficits. But if you look atound, you end up seeing the deficits and not the survival.

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 10:40 pm
amother wrote:
Deeply grateful you are not parenting my children.

putting an onion next to my child that has a bad dry cough is bad parenting? What do you consider better parenting in this scenario? This child had a dry barky cough and I have tried nebulizing. An onion does the job better without waking the child or having to get them out of bed for a steam shower treatment. He wasn't gasping for breath, turning blue, or even in pain. His oxygen saturation was in the upper 90's.

I'm really trying to understand what triggered you so. I love learning and don't mind constructive criticism so please enlighten me. Thanks! Wink

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 10:46 pm
My four year old is showing early symptoms despite the Tamiflu:( how can this be? Does that mean my baby might get it too? I’m really scared! And what’s the point of giving it if it doesn’t help?

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 11:44 pm
amother wrote:
putting an onion next to my child that has a bad dry cough is bad parenting? What do you consider better parenting in this scenario? This child had a dry barky cough and I have tried nebulizing. An onion does the job better without waking the child or having to get them out of bed for a steam shower treatment. He wasn't gasping for breath, turning blue, or even in pain. His oxygen saturation was in the upper 90's.

I'm really trying to understand what triggered you so. I love learning and don't mind constructive criticism so please enlighten me. Thanks! Wink

What triggered me:
1. Assuming that an onion cured your child.

2. The diatribe about the FDA and the CDC being money grubbing organizations. Learn about them, they aren't. But hey, you believe an onion cured your child, why listen to me?

3. That Tamiflu is a steroid, which it isn't.

4. Your stats about babies with Tamiflu dying vs babies with flu dying

Let's say your kid has the flu, and you give him Tamiflu. If you think he's getting dngerously sick do you a: call Hatzolah, or b: cut open an onion?

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 11:44 pm
gold21 wrote:
OK, so, as a general rule, I admire people who go against the grain and question the status quo, so I don't have a problem with your questioning things and doing your own thing. Cool! In life, it's always good to question things and educate yourself instead of following blindly, regardless of the subject matter.

gold21 wrote:

You want to know who told me this? Surprise, my very own "medically schooled" pediatrician..

He's well on his way to getting a degree in endocrinology. why? To be able to help his patients in his office. It's alarming what's going on. He said the amount of referalls are astounding so he decided to give his patients the devotion and convenience of having their own pediatrician managing these chronic conditions for them. he's practicing pediatrics for over 15 years and says that Type 1 diabetes (juvenile) is at an all time high. So is obesity, hormone imbalances, Growth problems in kids and adolescents. It's clear that allergies, eczema, asthma are so rampant it has almost become a natural part of growing up for many. What about ADHD, learning disabilities, aspergers, and autism? Closing your eyes won't make it go away- I wish it would.

Of course before antibiotics were discovered many kids died. My point is that we are so afraid of plain natural viruses and underestimate our body's ability to get over things on its own. chicken pox doesn't kill, nor does the flu. It's the hype around it that makes us lose our ability to think for ourselves. you mention about kids rather staying with disabilities than dying. I hear you. But think how many kids get the flu every year and recover ok without medical intervention? Plenty people don't vaccinate against chicken pox and they recover BH and dont make it into the news. We ALSO ONLY hear of the occasional death of a child from the flu or chicken pox. Something doesn't add up here. Most people didn't give the flu shot or Tamiflu till about 5 years ago when people started panicking from all the negative propaganda. It seems like a pattern. Before there's a medication or vaccine against regular viruses we grin and bear it. Once the vaccine is out they try to convince the public that "their survival is literally dependant on it" . When did these viruses become so monsterous???

I would love some answers here...

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 11:52 pm
amother wrote:
You want to know who told me this? Surprise, my very own "medically schooled" pediatrician..

He's well on his way to getting a degree in endocrinology. why? To be able to help his patients in his office. It's alarming what's going on. He said the amount of referalls are astounding so he decided to give his patients the devotion and convenience of having their own pediatrician managing these chrobic conditions. he's practicing pediatrics for over 15 years and says that Type 1 diabetes (juvenile) is at an all time high. So is obesity, hormone imbalances, Growth problems in kids and adolescents. It's clear that allergies, eczema, asthma are so rampant it has almost become a natural part of growing up for many. What about ADHD, learning disabilities, aspergers, and autism? Closing your eyes won't make it go away- I wish it would.

Of course before antibiotics were discovered many kids died. My point is that we are so afraid of plain natural viruses and underestimate our body's ability to get over things on it's own. chicken pox doesn't kill, nor does the flu. It's the hype around it that makes us lose our ability to think for ourselves. you mention about kids rather staying with disabilities than dying. I hear you. But think how many kids get the flu every year and recover ok without medical intervention? Plenty people don't vaccinate against chicken pox and they recover BH and dont make it into the news. We ALSO ONLY hear of the occasional death of a child from the flu or chicken pox. Something doesn't add up here. Most people didnt give the flu shot or Tamiflu till about 5 years ago when people started panicking from all the negative propaganda. It seems like a pattern. Before there's a medication or vaccine against regular viruses we grin and bear it. Once the vaccine is out they try to convince the public that "their survival is literally dependant on it" . when did these viruses become so monsterous???

I would love some answers here...

So, in 1918 during the flu pandemic, 500,000 people died. Flu isn't deadly?

37 children have died this year from the flu.

Where did you pediatrician go to medical school, Grenada?

gold21

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 11:55 pm
amother wrote:
My four year old is showing early symptoms despite the Tamiflu:( how can this be? Does that mean my baby might get it too? I’m really scared! And what’s the point of giving it if it doesn’t help?

Check with your doc, and if he's in agreement, continue with the Tamiflu. From talking to others about it, I've heard it works better once the flu virus is active than as a preventative. (Tamiflu doesn't kill the flu virus itself, it attacks the reproductive process of the virus)

And either way, don't panic! The main thing with flu is to is to stay on top of the fever- keep it down. Alternate with Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours as needed. A lukewarm bath as needed. Stock up on Tylenol suppositories in case the child won't swallow the medication. Just stay on top of the fever, that's super important.

And hydrate the child.

Also, be on the lookout for secondary infections following the flu such as pneumonia.

That's about all I can think of. It's really not so scary, don't worry.

But hopefully it's not the flu.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics