Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
ISO Looking for a tough Real Estate Lawyer NJ

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 2:48 pm
Hi there,

We are looking for a real estate lawyer in NJ who is tough and gets things done. Though we are currently with a local jewish lawyer who is not tough with our builder. Seems like most local builders will purposely use a different lawyer for each project/developement so there will be a conflict of interest. Anyways, we ran into issues with our builder and we are looking to change lawyers as our current lawyer is not tough on our builder. Any recommendations? Can be either jewish or not, but one that practices in NJ. Thank you.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 2:51 pm
are you in the middle of litigation - or are you just looking for someone to issue demand letters? There is only so much a lawyer can do pre-litigation.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 4:02 pm
gerald klein! I was referred tohim from here and he was excellent. hes really good. he gets things done and wont let others take him for a ride all in a professional good way. I was very happy with him.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 4:39 pm
amother wrote:
are you in the middle of litigation - or are you just looking for someone to issue demand letters? There is only so much a lawyer can do pre-litigation.

Actually, both. Our current lawyer is not tough enough... he is too soft to send demand letters. We basically got nowhere with him.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 4:40 pm
amother wrote:
gerald klein! I was referred tohim from here and he was excellent. hes really good. he gets things done and wont let others take him for a ride all in a professional good way. I was very happy with him.

Anybody else?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 5:17 pm
amother wrote:
Actually, both. Our current lawyer is not tough enough... he is too soft to send demand letters. We basically got nowhere with him.

That's very odd. Soft isn't the right word. He is your agent - his job is to provide you advice, recommendations, and follow through on your selected course of action.

Good luck. I hope this resolves quickly for you.

You need a lawyer who does Real Estate Litigation (not just drafting of contracts).

(not a recommendation - but a profile like this https://www.njlawconnect.com/n.....neys/)

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 5:41 pm
amother wrote:
That's very odd. Soft isn't the right word. He is your agent - his job is to provide you advice, recommendations, and follow through on your selected course of action.

Good luck. I hope this resolves quickly for you.

You need a lawyer who does Real Estate Litigation (not just drafting of contracts).

(not a recommendation - but a profile like this https://www.njlawconnect.com/n.....neys/)

Exactly! You are 100% right. That IS his job, but being that he has contracts from our builder (as a sellers lawyer) there’s a conflict of interest. Though we pushed him multiple times to be tough on our builder, we got nowhere with him. So we are looking for a lawyer that tough and one that we go for litigation if need to....

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 5:45 pm
whats wrong with gerald klein? why are you asking for someone else? did you try him and you were not happy? let me know. cause I used him and he was very good. I just dont know what a litigation lawyer is. he is definitely a real estate laweyer for nj. and he will go to court if thats what youwant.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 5:47 pm
amother wrote:
Exactly! You are 100% right. That IS his job, but being that he has contracts from our builder (as a sellers lawyer) there’s a conflict of interest. Though we pushed him multiple times to be tough on our builder, we got nowhere with him. So we are looking for a lawyer that tough and one that we go for litigation if need to....

You need a litigation lawyer now. Demand letters are the beginning of litigation. The contracts lawyers do different type of work. Its not about being 'tough', this is about steps to take when there is breach of contract. (and helping you understand if there isn't)

(sorry - I'm sensitive to the lawyer bashing - it sounds like you were dealing with the wrong type of lawyer. And yes - there most certainly was a conflict)

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 6:29 pm
amother wrote:
You need a litigation lawyer now. Demand letters are the beginning of litigation. The contracts lawyers do different type of work. Its not about being 'tough', this is about steps to take when there is breach of contract. (and helping you understand if there isn't)

(sorry - I'm sensitive to the lawyer bashing - it sounds like you were dealing with the wrong type of lawyer. And yes - there most certainly was a conflict)

Thank you! Any suggestions for a litigation lawyer?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 6:46 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you! Any suggestions for a litigation lawyer?

No sorry. I'm just trying to help you clarify what you need. (based on what you wrote - you have a contract with the builder, and you aren't happy the way things are going - so you are trying to make some demands).

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 7:08 pm
Your lawyer isn't soft - your lawyer has a serious breach of ethics if he is representing your builder - even if it is on a different matter.

A reputable lawyer would require that each client sign an acknowledgement and waiver of the conflict of interest.

In this situation I would refuse to pay any bills presented by him - I'm a lawyer and I would never have taken you as a client under those circumstances - not because of you but because the conflict of interest is basically insurmountable since the the attorney derives too much of his income from the builder versus an individual buyer.

I don't have any recommendations but any ethical lawyer would be better than the one you retained who appears to have no regard for the Ethical Code.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 8:38 pm
Bump.... recommendation for a litigation real estate lawyer in NJ?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 8:09 am
Bump....

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 8:37 am
Avram Frisch, if you are in Northern NJ. He's a tough real estate guy turned litigator.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating