Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Who is the best primary rebbi in the Lakewood cheder?

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 7:58 am
If you send to the cheder, please let me know.

I'll be sending next year. My son is quiet, soft spoken.... The school seems so big. I'd like to put in a request for a special rebbi to make things easier.

Are you happy there??

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 9:34 am
I wish you hatzlacha.
I will say that if I had info, I would much rather pm. I understand you wanting to remain anonymous but could you create a gmail?
Also, there's this to think about: As important as a wonderful rebbi/morah is, so is the class the child's in. The times I've been offered a choice as to teacher, when the teachers were both good, even if one was clearly better, I've asked the school to also factor in which class my kid would fare better in.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 9:36 am
I don't have boys and don't know about all the Rebbes. But our family knows Rabbi Berelowitz personally, and I wouldn't be able to say enough about the good things I've heard about him as a Rebbe. If you could get your kid into his class, well, that would be one lucky child....

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 9:38 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I wish you hatzlacha.
I will say that if I had info, I would much rather pm. I understand you wanting to remain anonymous but could you create a gmail?
Also, there's this to think about: As important as a wonderful rebbi/morah is, so is the class the child's in. The times I've been offered a choice as to teacher, when the teachers were both good, even if one was clearly better, I've asked the school to also factor in which class my kid would fare better in.

there is no way of knowing much about a class when going into primary, which is the first year of school in Lakewood. Though for subsequent years, this makes alot of sense.

One of my DD's had a very challenging class, and year after year, they got the star teachers. So yes, your point makes alot of sense....as a parent, I'd say the DD who was in a class of bubbalehs had it much easier, even if they sometimes got the new teacher (who could actually be excellent), etc...

keym

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 9:50 am
Op I would change the title. Maybe to "Who would be the best Rebbi for my Son." It could be hurtful. Maybe any of their wives are on the site.
And its not an objective question. The Rebbe market in Lakewood is really hard so every Rebbe is pressured to stay on the very top of their game
I dont send to the Cheder, but I know each child is different. Some boys do better with a younger Rebbe. Some do better with years of experience. Some need a quieter Rebbe. Some need more exuberant.
I would call Rabbi Levin and explain your concerns. My friends all say hes a real mentsch Iin working with the parents. But ask for a good Rebbe and to work with you on the class.
You could reach out now, but their primary list is nowhere near finalized sodont expect answers now. You really need to speak with him a lot Iin July.
Hatzlocha

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 9:53 am
Very good replies. I think this thread can be productive Very Happy

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 10:15 am
My older boys went to the Cheder. I'm sure there are some newer Rabbeim, so I don't know all the names. But I can tell you that all the primary Rabbeim are excellent, and Rabbi Levin is someone who can really, really help you.

As for the class - one of the advantages of 10 (?!!) parallel classes is that you can switch if things are really not clicking, class wise. So I wouldn't worry at all about the class.

Don't they make classes by age, or neighborhood, anyway?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 11:20 am
after having a few boys(not in the cheder) I can tell u that one rebbi can be good for someone elses kid but not for yours. every kid is different. ive had 2 boys have the same rebbi, one had a hard time with the rebbi and the next one loved him.

bookie

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 12:07 pm
amother wrote:
after having a few boys(not in the cheder) I can tell u that one rebbi can be good for someone elses kid but not for yours. every kid is different. ive had 2 boys have the same rebbi, one had a hard time with the rebbi and the next one loved him.

This. I also used to ask people a grade above me how the teachers were. I stopped asking when my kids had the opposite experience then their kids did.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics