Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
When He Hits

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 3:08 pm
Ds 3.5 is constantly hitting dd 2. It's more when he's tired/hungry, but that is a good portion of his life it seems. I just don't know what to do about it. I would love to send him to his room for a time out, but he won't stay there, and if he hit her, I need to comfort her, too. How do you get kids to go for a time out? What else can I do??? Sometimes he does it because he's upset she did/said something, but sometimes it's just for fun I think, as a game- those times annoy me more.

shevi82

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 8:26 am
First I would hug and kiss the two year old, then firmly take both hands of the child that hit and repeate a few times sternly, we do not hit in our house.
Personally I do not believe in time out ,rather I would sit him on a kitchen chair and tell him, Since hou made your sister sad you sit here now, contuine doing your things in the kitchen. While you keep repeating we do not hit in our house.
After five minutes you happily say, now you are going to be a good boy and you will not hit again.
Later in the day you can remind him , with a hug and kiss what a good boy he is and that he dosen't hit.

unexpected

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 8:45 am
Just hold the hands and say "no hitting". Eventually, it will stop.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers