Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What brand and style Sheitel
1  2  Next

esther11

Post Thu, Jan 25 2018, 10:54 pm
Ok so I’m in a very unusual and incredible situation, someone is sponsoring a Sheitel. I haven’t bought a brand new Sheitel basically ever (always used or second hand) so I could really use advice:

1) style - I like the lob type look that is in now but I’m worried that it will go out in a year or so and sheitels don’t grow. What are your thoughts? I like more natural or wavy as opposed to glamorous and perfect. I don’t want to look ready for a chasuna when I’m heading to work!
Also, I have a high forehead and look good in bangs but find them to be annoying...any solutions there?

2) what is a good brand to get? It will be worn daily to work. I’m thinking middle of the road pricing (my sponsor is very well off but I don’t want to take advantage so I figured that mid range is safest.)

3) I never bought a Sheitel on my own, so anything important to know??

**I know I’m very fortunate and this really doesn’t happen to most ppl. Im thanking Hashem for this and I’m not trying to make anyone feel bad in any way.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 9:39 am
Wow! So 😁 for you!
I wouldn’t go for a lob because as you said it will go out soon. Rather a natural soft waves look is very in. And can always be changed. Keep the bangs off your face and longish so you can cut it eventually if need be. I would buy either a Sari, Irene, Rosemarie. These aren’t too expensive but still beautiful good quality wigs. Then you can use the extra money to add highlight to your wig, add baby hairs- to make it more natural , or a lace front - if you want the bangs completely off your face.

Hatzlocha!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 10:35 am
SuperWify wrote:
Wow! So 😁 for you!
I wouldn’t go for a lob because as you said it will go out soon. Rather a natural soft waves look is very in. And can always be changed. Keep the bangs off your face and longish so you can cut it eventually if need be. I would buy either a Sari, Irene, Rosemarie. These aren’t too expensive but still beautiful good quality wigs. Then you can use the extra money to add highlight to your wig, add baby hairs- to make it more natural , or a lace front - if you want the bangs completely off your face.

Hatzlocha!

Sari and Irene are in similar price ranges, but Rosemarie is much more expensive.

I happen to have a Rosemarie and a SARY. My Rosemarie is a quality beautiful wig (I bought it 2nd hand at under half price, original was over 2K) with really nice hair and a thick, luxurious feel. I have it for about 1 1/2 years and I couldn't be happier with it. It's really nice and very comfortable.

I'm not very thrilled with my SARY (there are probably different lines with different qualities, though) - I bought it at a sale for not tons of $$, but it was a couple of hundred which is money for me, and I guess you get what you pay for, but I don't feel that I got alot for my money, to be perfectly honest. I'm wearing it for weekday, though, and it's fine. The hair is a bit rough and it tangles alot, and is constantly shedding. I doubt it will last me very long.

Next time maybe I'll try an Irene.

Hope you find this helpful, OP.

ETA: My SARY is cut with bangs and layered, soft waves on the side. The cut is very nice and I don't find the bangs to be annoying. It's not the cut I'm not thrilled with, but rather the quality of the wig.

My Rosemarie is cut in layers all around, no bangs, soft curls - it's my Shabbos wig.

cnc

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 10:52 am
I would not go with a SARY. I heard way too many horror stories.

naomi6

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 11:13 am
you can add hair and do nice highlights to make the shaitel look great. Toy can probably do it for about 200

esther11

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 11:14 am
Thanks for responding!

So it sounds like longer soft waves make the most sense. I love the idea of a lace front, but I don't know if my face will be flattered if I have no bangs. I would have to try on a few and see if I like the look.

I have never heard of Rosemarie before, any other reviews? Do you think it would hold up to daily wear?

Also, there are many sheitel machers in my neighborhood who sell their own brand customs or semi customs in the $1000-1500 range...is it worth going that route? Or should I stick with a name brand?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 11:17 am
I wore the Rosemarie daily until I recently purchased the SARY. It held up very nicely. I just found it hard to manage with one wig.

In terms of private sheitel machers, you have to find out from people you trust, whether the quality is good and if they are happy with their wigs.

esther11

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 11:21 am
Also, I heard that Irene has two different lines, a higher quality more expensive and a not as good but cheaper quality. Does anyone know about that?

esther11

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 11:22 am
Chayalle wrote:
I wore the Rosemarie daily until I recently purchased the SARY. It held up very nicely. I just found it hard to manage with one wig.

In terms of private sheitel machers, you have to find out from people you trust, whether the quality is good and if they are happy with their wigs.

Are you happy with both? which would you recommend?

doctorima

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 12:23 pm
I'm quite happy with my Irene Dolce, I think that's the higher-end line, but not 100% sure. As for where to buy, if you post your location, you'll probably get more suggestions.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 12:31 pm
esther11 wrote:
Are you happy with both? which would you recommend?

I'm very happy with my Rosemarie.

My SARY was not worth the money I paid for it, IMVHO, even though it was "cheap".

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 12:32 pm
doctorima wrote:
I'm quite happy with my Irene Dolce, I think that's the higher-end line, but not 100% sure. As for where to buy, if you post your location, you'll probably get more suggestions.

I've heard from other people that are happy with the Irene Dolce as well.

cnc

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 12:40 pm
doctorima wrote:

Dolce is lower-end line. VIP is higher- end line.
People are very happy with Irenes, I'm personally
unhappy with mine. Be sure to go to a reputable shaitel macher who knows her stuff.

flapsmom

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 3:28 pm
Not so thrilled with my sary either. As far as Irene's, I don't have one but from what I've seen/heard very mixed reviews. I actually love love my Bella which is even cheaper! Also very happy with my Kiki which is a little pricier.
The main thing is to go to a shaitel macher you trust who will bring in a few pieces for you and wash them so you can see what they're really like.
Really really happy for you!!!

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 3:59 pm
OP I am happier with my Irene Dolce (the fighter line Irene) then my Rosemarie. It holds the style better and doesn’t get as knotty.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 26 2018, 4:04 pm
flapsmom wrote:
Not so thrilled with my sary either. As far as Irene's, I don't have one but from what I've seen/heard very mixed reviews. I actually love love my Bella which is even cheaper! Also very happy with my Kiki which is a little pricier.
The main thing is to go to a shaitel macher you trust who will bring in a few pieces for you and wash them so you can see what they're really like.
Really really happy for you!!!

Curious, which shaitel macher do you trust for kikis and bellas?

flapsmom

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 7:49 pm
I went to subby perlmutter in bp. She was lovely!

esther11

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 7:55 pm
Ok so it sounds like I should look into Irene and Rosemarie, and possibly sary, Kiki, and Bella
Thanks!!

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 9:35 pm
No experience with those brands. However a wig with baby hairs is much simpler than a lace front and has a similar look. The lace front hairs go through and under the lace and the whole lace usually needs to be replaced every 1-2 years.

esther11

Post Sat, Jan 27 2018, 10:04 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
No experience with those brands. However a wig with baby hairs is much simpler than a lace front and has a similar look. The lace front hairs go through and under the lace and the whole lace usually needs to be replaced every 1-2 years.

I never knew that, good to know!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels