Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Who else would I like to watch on Torahanytime besides...?
Previous  1  2

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 11:08 am
Rabbi Gavriel Friedman is for sure the best out there. The most entertaining. I just listened to 2 new classes that were put on today. Amazing! Just saw him on the cover of mishpacha this week also.

SpottedBanana

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 11:09 am
Also, just had to say yasher coach to OP for wanting more shiurim!!! Keep it up!

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 12:48 pm
SpottedBanana wrote:
Was the hug I got appreciation, a mistake or negatively intended? I really want to know.

I don't know, but I also got hugged twice in this thread for recommending Rabbi Orlofsky, so it seems like somebody has it out for him. Perhaps there's a poster out there with no sense of humor who can't appreciate his talent. Don't let it get to you.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 4:48 pm
doctorima wrote:
I don't know, but I also got hugged twice in this thread for recommending Rabbi Orlofsky, so it seems like somebody has it out for him. Perhaps there's a poster out there with no sense of humor who can't appreciate his talent. Don't let it get to you.

Im OP and I really like R' Orlofsky!

Any new "funny" speakers?

groisamomma

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 4:54 pm
Definitely Rav Gav Friedman. Pure entertainment.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:58 pm
amother wrote:
If I enjoy watching speakers who are humorous, sharp (very bright), and exciting.. who else would I like to watch (videos only) on Torahanytime or elsewhere, besides R YY Jacobson and Charlie Harary?

Theyre by far my 2 best go-to speakers.

Rabbi YY Rubinstein is very funny.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 12:01 am
doctorima wrote:

http://curiousjew.blogspot.com......html

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 12:29 am
amother wrote:
http://curiousjew.blogspot.com/2009/11/orlofsky-platonic-relationships-shiur.html

I remember bristling at some of the things he said in the platonic relationships class too. But most of it is toungue in cheek humor and should be taken as such. In general he is fabulously funny and on target hashkafa wise.
So no need to "hug" anyone who reccomends him.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 8:31 pm
My go to is Rabbi Glatstien. He always brings new ideas and sources I've never heard of, and you can get the source sheets if you follow him through whatsapp. He talks fast and doesnt repeat himself so I feel like he doesn't waste your time.
Any ideas for shiurim that are focused on personal development based on the parsha? (Looking for material for a high school grade parsha class)

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 8:43 pm
OP here. Lately I like Rabbi Yoel Gold, his lectures are quite memorable, but he doesnt have that many lectures.

agreer

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:08 pm
amother wrote:
My go to is Rabbi Glatstien. He always brings new ideas and sources I've never heard of, and you can get the source sheets if you follow him through whatsapp. He talks fast and doesnt repeat himself so I feel like he doesn't waste your time.
Any ideas for shiurim that are focused on personal development based on the parsha? (Looking for material for a high school grade parsha class)

OMG! R' Glatstein has a whatsapp? Please do share! (You can PM me if you want. I'm a huge fan of his.)

Gneshe

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 1:40 am
Rabbanit Yemima Mizrachi, Rabbi D. Orlofsky, Rav Gav, Rabbi YY Jacobson

Last edited by Gneshe on Wed, Feb 06 2019, 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Gneshe

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 1:41 am
I used to listen to Rabbi Ari Bensoussan and laughed throughout.

b.chadash

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 6:05 am
The whatsapp number for Rabbi Glatstein's shiurim is 9174885839.
Its run by a man named Gedalia Schwartz, and he posts each week not only the current shiurim, but all the shiurim from previous years on that parsha, so you don't have to go searching. It's really helpful, because this way I just click the link straight from my whatsapp and I'm good to go.
Huge fan as well...any particular memorable shiur you want to share?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational