Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What do u do with your used clothing
1  2  Next

BP88

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 11:14 pm
I want to give away last years clothing from my kids. I wish there was a drop off place here in BP/brooklyn that sends to Israel or something.

Boca00

Post Tue, Jan 30 2018, 11:59 pm
I've given clothing to Pick Purple and they come and pick it up. I assume they would do the same in Brooklyn but you can ask.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 12:01 am
Pick Purple sells the clothes by the pound for pennies and the money goes to their tzedakah. If you want to give it away for someone to use then find someone yourself either through imamother or other groups.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 12:37 am
There’s a place in Williamsburg called clothes out that sells them for 5$ a peice out of a nice storefront.

creditcards

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 12:40 am
What size clothing do you have? Girl, boy...?
If it fits my kids I would take it?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 6:22 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Pick Purple sells the clothes by the pound for pennies and the money goes to their tzedakah. If you want to give it away for someone to use then find someone yourself either through imamother or other groups.

The clothing isn't automatically turned to rags though.
http://www.pickpurple.org/about

It's a great cause; I can attest to it myself.

(That being said, it got hard for me to try to transport my clothing, since I don't live on the East coast, so I don't do it anymore.)

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 6:39 pm
Zehava wrote:
There’s a place in Williamsburg called clothes out that sells them for 5$ a peice out of a nice storefront.

Can you please give more details about this place?

Zehava

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 6:40 pm
amother wrote:
Can you please give more details about this place?

It’s located on park ave off Bedford I don’t have their number but you can probably look it up.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 6:41 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
The clothing isn't automatically turned to rags though.
http://www.pickpurple.org/about

It's a great cause; I can attest to it myself.

(That being said, it got hard for me to try to transport my clothing, since I don't live on the East coast, so I don't do it anymore.)

I know. They sell it by the pound to second hand stores and the good stuff gets sold by the second hand stores (the store profits off the clothes sales, not Batya). Batya makes pennies on the pound which goes toward their tzedakah. I'd rather my clothes get good use by someone who needs them and I can donate straight to Batya the few dollars they would make selling off good clothes as if they're rags.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Jan 31 2018, 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 6:41 pm
Zehava wrote:
It’s located on park ave off Bedford I don’t have their number but you can probably look it up.

Thanks. Tried googling it and couldn’t find anything.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 6:49 pm
I think you can just drop off clothes by them

reality mom

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 6:52 pm
I send clothes to poor relatives in Israel through Minchas Shlomo, an amazing organization that ships boxes of used clothes at cost price.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 6:59 pm
reality mom wrote:
I send clothes to poor relatives in Israel through Minchas Shlomo, an amazing organization that ships boxes of used clothes at cost price.

Do they actually give the clothing to people or they also sell it? I would give to them if they actually give out the clothing to people. What is their number?

sunshine5

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 7:30 pm
ClothesOut
718 Myrtle Ave Brooklyn NY 11205
718. 858. 4982

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 7:55 pm
amother wrote:
Do they actually give the clothing to people or they also sell it? I would give to them if they actually give out the clothing to people. What is their number?

They ship containers about once a month. Shipping costs about $18 per egg box.
You need to make arrangements with your relatives to pick up their box at the right time and location because after something like 12 hours the boxes become hefker and other people can come take them.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 7:59 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You need to make arrangements with your relatives to pick up their box at the right time and location because after something like 12 hours the boxes become hefker and other people can come take them.

Oh it's a service for shipping to people you know? What if you're just looking to donate clothing to anyone who would use them?

reality mom

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 8:00 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Twelve hours is enough of a time frame for the boxes to be picked up. Sending clothes with this organization for years and never had any issues.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 8:02 pm
Metzias place in Monsey. The clothing goes straight to people. And many needy people benefit directly from it.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 8:08 pm
amother wrote:
Metzias place in Monsey. The clothing goes straight to people. And many needy people benefit directly from it.

What is the number and do they have drop off in Brooklyn?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 31 2018, 8:09 pm
reality mom wrote:
Twelve hours is enough of a time frame for the boxes to be picked up. Sending clothes with this organization for years and never had any issues.

You have to remember which day to go pick it up a month later otherwise you're out of luck Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics