Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Nanny contract

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 12:56 pm
I am expecting to be on bed rest in a few months and have a couple of other stresses going on. I would like to hire a nanny to help us thru this time (I guess thru July)
She would not do any cooking but yes dishes, washing up,.
I need her to also take care of the housekeeping, laundry.
I have 2 small children one of whom needs to be fed frequently but otherwise they are easy and cute.
I found a candidate who seems nice but I'm nervous.
What should I write in the contract? What should I look out for? Does this seen reasonable to expect someone to do? Assuming it's full time hours

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 1:02 pm
amother wrote:
I am expecting to be on bed rest in a few months and have a couple of other stresses going on. I would like to hire a nanny to help us thru this time (I guess thru July)
She would not do any cooking but yes dishes, washing up,.
I need her to also take care of the housekeeping, laundry.
I have 2 small children one of whom needs to be fed frequently but otherwise they are easy and cute.
I found a candidate who seems nice but I'm nervous.
What should I write in the contract? What should I look out for? Does this seen reasonable to expect someone to do? Assuming it's full time hours

I should add that I plan to be home woke she's there most of the time

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 1:23 pm
Definitely make a contract and be very specific! Especially if you are not very assertive! Providing expectations will help both sides! She will know exactly what you want from her and then you wont feel like you have to constantly instruct her. Although you do need to follow-up. Especially if she is not doing something she is expected to do. Put EVERYTHING in writing. Most people are nice and have the best intentions but they can't read your mind and people think and do things differently. For example, I once hired a nanny and told her that she needed to help the kids keep their area 'tidy'. She didn't need to do any actual cleaning since we have cleaners come once a week. I guess our definitions of 'tidy' were very different. Later on I had to add to my contract actual expectations for tidiness like throwing diapers in the trash bin, wipe down high chair after feeding, helping kids put dirty clothes in bin, hang towels after baths, etc. (I thought it was a given but it wasn't the case) btw she was super nice and great with the kids..just 'light' cleaning was not her strong suite but for me it was important that the house was in 'decent' shape at the end of the night. Anyways, point of this post is that the more detail the better!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics