Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Psychiatrist Lakewood
Previous  1  2

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 1:20 pm
amother wrote:
What does dr hizami charge?

It's been a while, but I think $700 for the intake, and $200 for follow up sessions (15 minutes).

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 2:33 pm
oh my goodness. hizami is so expensive.

chayalle ill tell you why I was hesitant. because I find that a psychiatrist especially for a frum child should be someone frum. that understands our culture. I would prefer that if I could.

I have unfortunately dealt with psychiatrists. and thats my take away. I may be wrong. he might be really understanding and very knowledgeable of our culture. I just feel more compfortable. I am currently dealing with shaindy parness in chemed. and its a pleasrue to deal with her. it feels alot better when it comes to such issues to deal with our frum type.

I might change my opinion at some point. im only human

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 9:30 pm
amother wrote:
oh my goodness. hizami is so expensive.

chayalle ill tell you why I was hesitant. because I find that a psychiatrist especially for a frum child should be someone frum. that understands our culture. I would prefer that if I could.

I have unfortunately dealt with psychiatrists. and thats my take away. I may be wrong. he might be really understanding and very knowledgeable of our culture. I just feel more compfortable. I am currently dealing with shaindy parness in chemed. and its a pleasrue to deal with her. it feels alot better when it comes to such issues to deal with our frum type.

I might change my opinion at some point. im only human

I understand, but I just want to say that a competent psychiatrist, correct diagnosis, and accurate meds is alot more important than seeing someone frum.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 10:34 pm
Op here-
I would also prefer someone frum- not sure exactly why perhaps because I would feel more comfortable and because they understand our culture etc.

My ds was already diagnosed with autism and we are having some issues with him (anxiety, trouble focusing...) so I feel that he may need to be reevaluated. Someone mentioned that a child neurologist would be just as good. Does anyone know if that's true and if it is, does anyone have someone frum and local that they can recommend?

creditcards

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 10:37 pm
amother wrote:
Op here-
I would also prefer someone frum- not sure exactly why perhaps because I would feel more comfortable and because they understand our culture etc.

My ds was already diagnosed with autism and we are having some issues with him (anxiety, trouble focusing...) so I feel that he may need to be reevaluated. Someone mentioned that a child neurologist would be just as good. Does anyone know if that's true and if it is, does anyone have someone frum and local that they can recommend?

I use the neurologist at chop for my daughter.
But it's not local. They have a special team to evaluate for autism if that's what you are looking for. I can also email the Dr whenever I have a question. Usually the nurse responds.
They accept my insurance too.

Last edited by creditcards on Thu, Feb 08 2018, 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 10:39 pm
Also if I go with dr zaidi, does anyone know if he takes insurance? (Oxford)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics