Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Threads that paint any Jews in a negative light

amother

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 5:54 am
Should threads that paint (any) Jews in a negative light be in a hidden forum (like- Woman beaten....)?

Whether it's my kids that chance upon these threads or non-Jews, why give them fodder? Yes my kids, who like to read Imamother are ridiculing the behavior described in that thread, so imagine others..................

We all realize that no group is perfect, but why make negative aspects so available embarrassed and give out ammunition ?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 6:20 am
Why are your kids reading imamother; didn't you sign up at registration that you are a frum, mitzva observant woman? Are your kids that too? If you read the header to Imamother, it says it's a place for WOMEN, not their children, to hear and be heard.
Got that???????
Please keep your children out of where they don't belong. Who knows what else they are seeing online and what other fodder they are being fed.
Sheesh.
Good you are posting anonymous.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 6:24 am
amother wrote:
Why are your kids reading Imamother; didn't you sign up at registration that you are a frum, mitzva observant woman? Are your kids that too? If you read the header to Imamother, it says it's a place for WOMEN, not their children, to hear and be heard.
Got that???????
Please keep your children out of where they don't belong. Who knows what else they are seeing online and what other fodder they are being fed.
Sheesh.

yup

Blossom

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 6:27 am
I totally agree to both the OP and the other poster.
To the OP that such threads should not be public.
And to what the poster that said that only a frum WOMAN should be reading on imamother.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 6:30 am
amother wrote:
Why are your kids reading Imamother; didn't you sign up at registration that you are a frum, mitzva observant woman? Are your kids that too? If you read the header to Imamother, it says it's a place for WOMEN, not their children, to hear and be heard.
Got that???????
Sheesh.

Firstly:
Are you 10000% sure that you've never left the computer on with Imamother on the screen? Gimme a break!
Second:
How about the million and one OTHERS that easily GOOGLE any old topic and Imamother posts come up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put your paper bag, back on, sweetie. Ignorance is Bliss, heh.Rolling Eyes

BTW- Why are YOU Amother?

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 6:39 am
Um, it doesn't sound like you accidentally left the comp. on once. Your kids "like to read imamother" it sounds like a more than one time thing. They should not be reading the information on this site, and it is your responsibility that they not read it. So now others should sanction themselves b/c you don't keep your kids off the site? How's that fair? What about a woman who is writing that she is being beaten by her husband and she's trying to get support? She's Jewish, we're painting her husband in a bad light....keep your kids off of the site.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 6:46 am
Ignorance is admitting that your kids read imamother... and then complaining about content!!!!!
Get a better grip on what your kids are doing online. If you are not 100% comfortable with what they are doing online, you need to monitor them. There is so much stuff that is HORRIBLE out there, and THIS is what you are trying to change?
Give the rest of us a break and keep a better eye on what your kids are viewing.
By attacking other amother posters you are showing your weakness. Show your strength not by attacking others; rather, do it by disciplining your children.
Next, when they view the playboy sites, will you ask the ladies there to cover up?????
ROFL

gryp

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 6:46 am
I agree that more sections should be hidden. I always think of this when threads inappropriate for kids are in the open-to-the-public sections.

My kids won't be reading English for a while yet, nor are they allowed on the computer for more than a few minutes while I sit and watch them, but I have rachmanus on other kids and parents.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 6:50 am
Mimisinger wrote:
Um, it doesn't sound like you accidentally left the comp. on once. Your kids "like to read Imamother" it sounds like a more than one time thing. They should not be reading the information on this site, and it is your responsibility that they not read it.
What I do or don't do, has an effect on a few kids at most, BUT Does EVERYONE with kids old enough to read and be interested, log off Imamother and make sure kids don't go to that awful site Rolling Laughter, every time they leave the room? Can they prevent "outsiders" from getting this negative info? All I'm saying is, that threads like those that ridicule the behavior of some fanatic frum people, should be less obvious.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 6:58 am
I think that children reading ANYTHING at all on ImaMother is nothing compared to what they may be reading elsewhere on the internet. The posts are filtered and monitored and there is nothing horrible going on here. I would not worry about them seeing Jews in a negative light when they could be learning about who knows what else with a simple Google click.
The best thing for parents who worry about their children's viewing habits AT ALL is to have a no-computer-without-supervison policy in their home.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 7:46 am
How much of Imamother is available to Guests, anyway?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 8:00 am
chocolate moose wrote:
OP here. Almost everything. The only time I log in is to post.

Why have outsiders hear about us fighting one another like kids in a schoolyard?

Clarissa

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 8:02 am
amother wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
OP here. Almost everything. The only time I log in is to post.

Why have outsiders hear about us fighting one another like kids in a schoolyard?

Maybe knowing that outsiders can read much of the board should make us rethink behaving like kids in a schoolyard.

zeldy

Post Tue, Oct 30 2007, 12:31 pm
I think the OP's concerns are valid and not only should she be concerned about what her children read on imamother, but also, she should protect them from being exposed to children behaving like immature kids in a schoolyard.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics