Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O- What made you join Imamother?
1  2  Next

Boca00

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 11:56 am
This site has popped up many times when I've Googled things, but I only joined because my sister convinced me to. (Hi Wave)

I stayed because I love the diverse discussions & opinions, the caring & community... and it's something clean to do on the internet.

What about you?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 12:00 pm
Heard about it from a neighbor when mentioned in conversation and I was curious to check it out.

gold21

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 12:03 pm
My friend, who used to be an active poster here, but now rarely logs on, told me about it.

I joined cuz I had questions about pregnancy and delivery.

weasley

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 12:14 pm
I was searching for a specific recipe and it came up on imamother - I had never heard of it b4!

I was actually wondering how ppl find out about it - coz I doubt I would tell people I know just coz I'm sure they'd be checking out to see who I am and I can't say I'd want that!

sirel

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 12:21 pm
I used to follow some frum blogs back in the day (2007/2008) and someone mentioned it.
I first signed up when on maternity leave with my second child.

singleagain

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 12:29 pm
My mother told me about it when I was going through my divorce and I felt very alone. I realized I wasn't so alone after I joined

southernbubby

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 12:43 pm
heard about it from DD whose sister-in-law is site admin

cozyblanket

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 12:49 pm
Google told me about it. It would show up on searches. After a while, I looked at it out of curiosity. As I wrote on the other thread, I joined one day on a whim and I didn't plan on using the site much at all. But life happens and it turns out ima has been a huge help for me. Thank you, Yael!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 2:49 pm
I found it just after getting married while searching for how to wash tzitzis. That was 2007. About 5 or 6 years later I started lurking, then I sugned on. I got negative feedback from my first couple posts, then after lurking for a hole more I've built up my confidence.
The great thing is that with the positive feedback, I've gained confidence in real life too.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:23 pm
I did a google search for black pantyliners over a decade ago and the rest is history.

Rachel Shira

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:25 pm
I knew about it as a teenager from my mother and couldn’t wait to join when I got married.

lavenderchimes

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 8:40 pm
I joined partially to have an anonymous place to get a plethora of advice and vent about things with dh, to access a large network of knowledge about where to find things and that sort of thing, to help others however I am able, and to gain a better understanding of the wide variety of opinions and observance -- I can't get enough of the latter:)

creditcards

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 9:49 pm
I used to be on baby center a lot. But I felt bad going on it because it is not a frum site. This site popped up once on Google and it looked similar to baby center so I signed up and stopped with baby center.

onlyone

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 11:34 pm
I joined after my sil told me about it. As a BT, 3 years at the time, I was very curious to read about the challenges and life experiences that observant women have. To this day I am still curious.

lfab

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 10:07 am
I first came across this site when it came up in a google search when my oldest was entering school and I was looking up information about local schools. After that I lurked for a few months reading threads. Then, I had a question and the only way to post was to join, so I did. I still read a lot more than I post.

Momof14

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 3:52 pm
I appreciate the opportunity to connect and get advice and opinions from so many diverse and and different forum women. And the recipes are fab!

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 11:04 pm
Yaels sister told me about it. So I checked it out and found I enjoy it.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 12:57 am
A school friend told me about it.
Joined and was hooked. I didn't post much in the begining.

But then I started posting more. And posted a lot at some pint. But now, l don't post much. But much more than when I first started.

I've learned and gained so so so much by being on this site. Especially one closed sub-forum.

I have changed and grown so much in the last decade. My views and opinions and outlook has made a 36° turnaround. I sometimes cringe when I read my old posts. Gosh.
Anyone's feel that way?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 8:39 am
I found out about it from a non-jewish anonymous online message board. I was having a very hard time after my father died and someone there told me about this place. he died over 10 years ago.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 8:58 am
I joined 6 years ago when I was suffering from an eating disorder and depression and desperately needed some support.
I then became pretty active but now life got busy bh (with good things) and I dont have much time anymore... I decided to pop in today to see what is going on here Smile

ETA that I found it on google when I searched frum support...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics