Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I’m such a cliche
1  2  3  Next

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 3:28 pm
You know how they say that rude sales ladies at upscale boutiques make more business? Well it’s true
I walked into an upscale store and asked where the sale stuff is because I love a good deal. The guy at the counter gave me a look and reluctantly pointed to the racks in the back like I was some kind of shnorrer.
So I looked around and then looked at the regular prices items. So he comes over and says “oh that’s not on sale” duh...
So just to show him I bought stuff.
I’m laughing at myself over here.
Come on zehava you know better

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 3:29 pm
Lol!

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 3:44 pm
I once bought a blouse because the sales lady said it would be too small for me. Actually it was roomy, but the color didn’t suit me. I gifted it to dd.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 4:55 pm
When preg I once bought larger size robe cuz lady said only maternity will work. Ahhh the look on her face when I came to pay...I thnk she was tempted not to let me buy it

happyfaces

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 4:57 pm
Go girl! Good for you!

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:02 pm
Not good for me. I shouldn’t buy stuff just to show a salesperson. Why should he make money out of being rude?

happyfaces

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:04 pm
Zehava wrote:
Not good for me. I shouldn’t buy stuff just to show a salesperson. Why should he make money out of being rude?

Your right. But sometimes you feel good about it, just to tech him a lesson.

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:09 pm
I didn’t feel good I was angry at myself and at him. I felt manipulated.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:10 pm
Return it!

happyfaces

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:11 pm
Zehava wrote:
I didn’t feel good I was angry at myself and at him. I felt manipulated.

Mmmm maybe return it tommrow?

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:12 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Return it!

Good idea but I do happen to like what I bought. It’s just that I probably could have found them elsewhere on sale for cheaper.

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:12 pm
But I’ll definitely think about it

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:14 pm
Either way next time this happens, and it will, I will definitely open my mouth instead of trying to prove something (what? What am I trying to prove?)

Boca00

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:17 pm
Zehava wrote:
Either way next time this happens, and it will, I will definitely open my mouth instead of trying to prove something (what? What am I trying to prove?)

Good plan. What will you say?

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:17 pm
Zehava wrote:

Truth is, I don't even know what there would be to say. It's not like the guy actually did anything wrong. You read into his words, but is it possible that he was just trying to be helpful, knew you wanted a sale item and was pointing out that this wasn't a sale item for your benefit?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:22 pm
Zehava wrote:

That just because someone comes in and goes straight to the sale items does not mean
a) that they cannot afford regular priced items b) that they wont buy something not on sale

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:31 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Good plan. What will you say?

Been thinking about that
How about “well that was a bit rude”

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:33 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Truth is, I don't even know what there would be to say. It's not like the guy actually did anything wrong. You read into his words, but is it possible that he was just trying to be helpful, knew you wanted a sale item and was pointing out that this wasn't a sale item for your benefit?

That look that he gave me, and the reluctance with which he pointed out the sale items was unmistakable. There was a tone.

Boca00

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 5:36 pm
Zehava wrote:
Been thinking about that
How about “well that was a bit rude”

That works.

Zehava

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 7:43 pm
On second thought he probably wants to keep people like me or who he thinks I am out of his posh store. Like have this snobby ambience or something. I’ll make sure to stop by every once in a while and ask what’s on sale just to annoy him.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette