Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Most affordable area in Brooklyn, and safe
Previous  1  2

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 5:41 pm
amother wrote:
What's your budget?

2k for 3 or 4 bedrooms. Thanks!

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 5:42 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I grew up in Warbasse. It was all Russian then but many frum ppl are moving in now
You can get a 2 bedroom apt for 1200 if you are income eligible

Wow! That is affordable! Where is Warbasse?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 5:48 pm
doctorima wrote:
I was responding to Cerise, who asked where in NYC that's near a shul is cheapest neighborhood. Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought that unlike OP who specified all 5 boroughs, Cerise was using NYC to mean Manhattan, which is why I mentioned the UWS. Obviously Manhattan is way more expensive than any other borough, but within Manhattan, it only gets more expensive the farther downtown you go, hence the UWS recommendation.

Ah. Well either way, the uws is more expensive than the ues, especially east of Lexington. It was just comical to see the uws listed as inexpensive.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 6:05 pm
amother wrote:

Good luck with that. I live in flatbush. You cant find a two bedroom for under 2k

nicole81

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 9:09 pm
amother wrote:

I can't imaging finding a 4 bedroom for anywhere near that; it's gonna be hard enough finding a 3 bedroom for 2k, though it's quite possible with some patience. If you're interested in the mb area, you should join the Facebook group "mill basin jewish news and free listings." I do see the occasional listing on there for even less than 2k.

gilamom

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 9:21 pm
Try Marine Park

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 10:49 pm
doctorima wrote:
I was responding to Cerise, who asked where in NYC that's near a shul is cheapest neighborhood. Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought that unlike OP who specified all 5 boroughs, Cerise was using NYC to mean Manhattan, which is why I mentioned the UWS. Obviously Manhattan is way more expensive than any other borough, but within Manhattan, it only gets more expensive the farther downtown you go, hence the UWS recommendation.

My dh says that the UWS near Columbia -- which is really Washington Heights is pretty cheap. But idk how many Jews are there.

We are in Sunset Park next to NYU Lutheran, not many Jews here, 15 minute walk from Chabad of Bay Ridge, $1750 for a lovely two bedroom with two balconies.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 10:52 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I heard Georgetown has a nice community.

Isn't that where they have shootings etc and where the Friday night parties keep you up all night?

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 10:53 pm
gilamom wrote:
Try Marine Park

3 bedroom for 2k? Where are they listed?

nicole81

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 8:33 am
amother wrote:
Isn't that where they have shootings etc and where the Friday night parties keep you up all night?

Lol!

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 11:00 am
amother wrote:
Wow! That is affordable! Where is Warbasse?

Neptune and W5th

nylon

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 2:56 pm
Columbia is Morningside Heights, not Washington Heights, unless you mean by the hospital. Harlem (which is often subdivided into smaller neighborhoods) separates Morningside Heights from Washington Heights. WH is YU (or the other side by Bennett).

Rents in Washington Heights are as reasonable as it gets for Manhattan, but it's a very transient neighborhood.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating