Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Do u clean you closets of clean laundry?
Previous  1  2

tichellady

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 4:45 pm
No

ggdm

Post Mon, Feb 05 2018, 8:34 pm
I don't. No food is allowed in the sleeping rooms and so far no kids who like to hide stuff in improbable places. IF I am in the mood of closet re-organisation in March, I do it while constantly reminding myself that it is totally not connected to Pesach. Btw, most important place for me to clean for Pesach is my husband's secret sweets stash in his desk Wink

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 4:37 am
never

salt

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 4:57 am
I don't clean clothes closets, but do check them during Bedikat Chametz.

My son was put in charge of checking my bedroom in bedikat chametz (he's over bar mitzvah) - he came into the lounge with a box of pads to check with me what it is - he was sure it's food. Took me a while to persuade him that we don't need to open it and check embarrassed

curlyhead

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 5:05 am
I just changed over my toddlers clothing to next size today. I found a rice cracker in draw. Not chometz but in my small place chometz gets everywhere. I am trying to cut back this year as having a baby soon

curlyhead

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 5:06 am
I just changed over my toddlers clothing to next size today. I found a rice cracker in draw. Not chometz but in my small place chometz gets everywhere. I am trying to cut back this year as having a baby soon

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 5:15 am
Blessing1 wrote:
"Dust isn't chometz & our husband and kids are not the Korban pesach"

"If women built the sukkah and men cleaned for Pesach, they'd both start erev Pesach"

Last edited by Iymnok on Tue, Feb 06 2018, 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Red

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 6:31 am
Yes, I do but I consider it spring cleaning, I don't call it Pesach cleaning. I like to know that every inch and corner of my home is vacuumed and wiped down at least once a year.

Goldie613

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 8:12 am
[quote="Mommyg8" ]Iyar, I remember a story about a choshuva Rav and Rebbetzin (I don't remember the names) - where the Rav told the his Rebbetzin "you don't have to clean so much! Dirt is not Chometz!" ]

I heard a version of this years ago from one of my teachers in seminary - "girls, dust is not chametz and your children are not the korban Pesach!" I try to keep that in mind when dealing with Pesach cleaning. I've interpreted this to mean, yes, get rid of the chametz, but don't confuse that with spring cleaning and don't drive your kids nuts in the process.

That being said, if the kids are old enough to be toddling around I would check their drawers and closet shelves. Little kids in my family at that stage were given pesachdika nosh a couple of weeks before Pesach if they were walking around the house with food, the assumption being that they were bound to put down their snack anywhere, and good luck to the rest of the adults trying to find it :-)

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 8:26 am
I'm proudly not going to make myself crazy by doing things that are not required. It's not a hiddur mitzvah to come to the Seder like a dish rag.
No, I will not be doing the laundry closets. (In my own closets I will go through the clothing, as the pockets may contain chometz.)

mom2u

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 9:15 am
Oh yes! some of my closets I clean more then once a year I'm not a neat freak or anything I'm just very sensitive to dust and the closets collect dust as well
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics