Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Your relationship with Hashem
Previous  1  2  3  4

momnaturally

Post Wed, Feb 14 2018, 4:19 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
So bitochon means we "rely" on hashem. But what does that mean and how do we apply it? When we rely on someone or something, we have an expectation about a result.
I rely on waze or a GPS when I travel in unfamiliar areas. Without it, I would have to do what they did 30 years ago and constantly ask the locals directions. With my GPS, I'm good to go.
I rely on my alarm clock to wake up early. If I forget to set it, I might get up late.
I rely on my winter coat to keep me warm. Without it, I'll be cold.
I rely on my husband for tons of things that I see he takes care of.

Obviously everything is from hashem. But how do we apply "relying" on him in a practical way? Do pregnant woman that are relying on hashem for a healthy pregnancy and baby have different results than woman who don't think about hashem? Do they miscarry less because they rely on hashem? Does the person who is relying on hashem have different results in a way that we can clearly see? I'm afraid not. If there are different results in this world, please tell me what they are. The reward comes after 120. Until then we must accept that hashem's cheshbon doesn't make sense and good is bad, and bad is good, and bad things happen either to preserve our reward in the next world or as punishment for something we did in another lifetime, or for an unknown other reason. So while we can say we "rely" on hashem, do we really? And if we do, how are the results different from those that are not relying on him?

If we get to our destination it's not because of Waze it's because Hashem wanted us to.
If we get up on time it's because wanted us to not because of our alarm clock.
If we our warm from our winter coat it's not because our coat makes us warm it's because Hashem wanted us to be warm.
If our husband helps us it's because Hashem wanted us to be helped and if he would not have done it we would have been helped in another fashion.
If Hashem fid not want all the above to occur it would not even if we set 10 alarm clocks with battery backups.
This is how we learn to rely on Hashem by training our minds to think that way. To constantly remind ourselves everything we do is hishtadlus but what happens in the end has NOTHING to do with our hishtadlus it has to do with what Hashem wants to happen.
This is an accepted fact in Emuna. Many people mistakenly think otherwise and this is due to the fact that the whole world appears to run based on nature and realities of life.
In fact everything that occurs (coats keep us warm and alarm clocks wake us up) is only Hashem hiding behind "the way of the world" in order for us to work on relying on him.
If it was clear that everything was straight from Hashem there would be no nisayon and no bechira. Everyone would believe and rely on Hashem like Moshe Rabbeinu....
Our job is to tell ourselves what we see is an illusion it's really hashem controlling all the cards not waze. As we keep telling ourselves this everyday throughout our life we start to talk like that too and feel that way too. Our thoughts lead to how we speak, act,feel..
The mitzvah of bitachon is each and every time we consciously make an effort to think the way we are supposed to think.
If we do our part and think how Hashem wants us to think Hashem leads us to feel that way as well over time.
I'm Talking all from personal experience.
I used to be cynic. Cynics are kofrim. You can't be cynic and have bitachon. Although I naturally am still a cynic I was told that as long as I am making a conscious effort to think and talk like someone who has bitachon because I am work in progress then I am called a ma'amin and Hashem loves every time I give him credit even though my words may be more lofty than my feelings. I tell myself that because I am talking bitachon and thinking bitachon Hashem has a more direct hand and takes better care of me. I know it's true because the chovos halevavos says it's true. It doesn't mean I will feel it always but this is what I am supposed to tell myself and I do !
I can honestly say that I do rely on hashem more than I did a few years ago.
I hope in a few years from now I will rely on him more than I do now.

momnaturally

Post Wed, Feb 14 2018, 4:30 pm
one thing I forgot to add in case it wasn't self explanatory.
If we our always telling ourselves everything is from Hashem and not from anything else then there is no point in relying on anything other than hashem since he holds all the cards.
Again we may not feel it but by constantly telling ourselves where our needs will provided from we are really telling ourselves who we are really relying on.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational