Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Would you do this?
1  2  Next

MiriW

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 11:10 pm
I am looking for a new "weekday" Sheitel, and I have a max budget of $1000 US. I called a Sheitel macher who I have bought from before and trust, to see if she had anything in that price range, although I was not hopeful since she normally only sells higher end. She said that in the past she has ordered in a new item direct from the manufacturer in china and sold it to customers at cost - meaning for $1000. The line that she would order from is high end - $2500 + and she would benefit by giving it to me at cost since she would be able to see the new item and decide if she wants to sell it. The drawback for me is that I have to agree to take the Sheitel once she orders it. She said that she has ordered from this particular manufacturer before and the Sheitels were amazing. And in the past when she has done this for customers they have not been unhappy.

Would you do this?

My husband is very hesitant. But he also wants me to get a good Sheitel, despite the fact that our budget is low. Also I am sensory, so he is mostly hesitant that I wouldn't be able to try it on first.

Advice please!

rainbow

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 11:22 pm
I wouldn't buy if I couldn't try. Especially if sensory is at play.

Last edited by rainbow on Tue, Feb 06 2018, 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

mrs me

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 11:28 pm
I wouldn't take the risk...

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 1:08 am
I would just get one straight from China for cheaper.

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 1:09 am
I would just get one from China for cheaper. They sell amazing high quality wigs for much less than $1000.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 3:49 am
OP, think of it. If you buy and you are not happy with it, what will you do with it then? Only if I could meet with her customers who bought those sheitels and see for myself I would consider it.

champion

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 4:11 am
Do you have second hand sales in your area?

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:12 am
There are so many other options where you could buy a shaitel for under $1000 and try it on as well. Fortune wigs is having a sale on their Mazali line which is half that price or more. Personally I would check that out. I have more than one Mazali and they are great.

momX4

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:17 am
No!

My relative sells wigs and told me to never buy a wig that has no return policy.

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:18 am
I don't know where you live but this is an email I got from Fortune Wigs-

Mazali Wigs Clearance Sale! Wigs from $350!
View this email in your browser

Mazali Wigs Clearance Sale!

To all our valued Customers:

We are introducing a new upgraded wig collection called Mazali Gold. This new line will be made with Hand Selected Grade A Human Hair. It will be fuller and have longer layers and a more comfortable cap.

In order to make room in our warehouse, we will need to sell off our Classic Mazali Wigs. We will do 3 local clearance sales Feb. 11,14 & 18, and offer motivating prices $350-$650. These prices will never be offered again (BN). After these sales, the Classic Mazali Wigs will NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE IN OUR BROOKLYN SALON. You will be able to continue purchasing the Classic Mazalis at discounted prices ($600-$850) but only on our website www.fortunewigs.com and also on Amazon Prime with a 10 day money back guarantee.

Our new Mazali Gold Line will be available for sale in Brooklyn the day after Purim. We look forward to presenting this new exciting collection.

Thank you for your patronage

All sales final
See ad attached

MiriW

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:34 am
Op here. Thank you all for your responses. I live in Canada so most of those sales don't apply to me, and to be honest to the quality of mazali compared to a $2500 wig is not comparable. I appreciate your opinions about buying something with no return policy, just the idea of having a $2500 piece for $1000 is enticing!

Woman of Valor

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:41 am
No way! If she isn't letting you try it, that's crazy to commit to pay her. Good luck finding something you feel beautiful in within your budget, OP! Smile

cnc

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:51 am
I wouldn't do it. $1000 is quite pricey for a wig from China.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 10:47 am
OP I doubt she’s buying it “cost price” at $1,000 from China. More like, $300-600. Then she’s selling it for $2,500.

So no, I doubt it’s a great quality $2,500 wig as you claim.

justmarried:)

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 11:07 am
Hellllls no

iammom

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 11:40 am
I would not.

As you said, it's enticing but that magic can pop as soon as you see the wig and your money is gone.

rainbow

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 11:42 am
MiriW wrote:
\just the idea of having a $2500 piece for $1000 is enticing!

She's doing a good job at enticing you :-)

If you are financially comfortable and $1,000 won't make a dent in your pocket then by all means go for it. Though by the tone of your op it didn't sound like you're swimming in money, in which case I would say it's a very big gamble to buy before you try.

JustAFrumMom

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 11:53 am
I would not do that... You can get a pre-cut from Milano sometimes under 1k. Just scroll through once a week until you see one that strikes you. They update weekly. Also, you can return it if you get it and you don't like it. I can't imagine buying a sheitel that I couldn't return after trying it on.

CDL

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 11:58 am
Youre not being realistic if you think you're getting a $2500. wig from China. It’s the same $300-$600 one that many people buy on their own from Ali express. Don’t do it!

simba

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 12:06 pm
I would not do it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels