Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Swollen eyelid

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 8:39 am
My 3 yr old son has a swollen eyelid and pus /mucous on his eyelashes the last 2 days. It's not pink eye - the actual eye is white and not pink or red at all. It's not spreading to the second eye.
I'm scared to take him to dr office because of the germs there (this flu season has made me really nervous ).
Does anyone know if I should be doing anything for it?

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:16 am
It's probably an infection, because you see discharge.
BUT--
This is not to scare you.
My good friend, her little DD 6 Yrs old was just diagnosed with sarcoma in the tear duct
It started out with a swollen eyelid.
She did go to the pediatrician, who thought it was just allergies.
But when the swelling didn't go down after 1 week with benedryl, she took the little girl to the emergency room.
PLEASE- go to the dr. Check it out. It's probably an infection and nothing more. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't leave it alone.
This little girl now has to go through 40 rounds of chemo, then radiation,then surgery, then more chemo.
And that's that the parents didn't let it go.

amother
White

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:17 am
Yes. You need to bring him to the doctor. It could be any number of things, and it needs a professional.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:27 am
My baby just had similar. Woke up with a puffy eye and mucusy. Dr said it was eye infection (not pink eye!) and gave cream to put on. Its contagious since if someone touches his eye and then theirs and it can potentially spread from one eye to the other. I hear the concern about the flu and maybe ask the Dr office if there is any way to wait somewhere else or something.

octopus

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 10:53 am
Probably an infection. You need to go to the dr especially for something that is near the eye.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics