Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Are people cooking for Pesach already?

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 1:46 pm
Just wondering... I see people here asking for recipes. Even if you have a Pesach kitchen how do you find kosher l’pesach food now? Although I have a big house and need to cook for soooo many people, I don’t have a Pesach kitchen so cooking now is not even on my radar. Are people doing it? If so, how???

Shoshana37

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 1:48 pm
No, I don’t start cooking until few days before yom tov

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 2:00 pm
I just placed my order with a community program that I qualify for and I felt like it was so early. I do most of my cooking the days before or on yomtov itself.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 2:15 pm
Nope. We like fresh food.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 2:23 pm
Pesach kitchen? Cooking now? Is this a joke rofl

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 2:35 pm
I think people are getting their menus and recipes in order. Smile I can't imagine that anyone is cooking. Maybe some people have to put in their food orders early for a later delivery and therefore need all information now.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 2:42 pm
I personally am getting cheesecake recipes for Shavuos. But that's just me.

( Shavuos of last year..so I'm a bit late for RH, yom Kippur and sukkos)

Bluesky 1

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 2:50 pm
No way.even if they put in deep freezer it wouldn't taste that good. Way too early

mc

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 2:50 pm
I was looking for recipes because I want to experiment now so I have some go-to desserts that I know will work once I am actually ready to cook for Pesach , likely not until a few days before. I don;t have enough time then to have "experiments" that don't work :-)
I have potato starch and tapioca starch on hand because I use it year-round..

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 3:02 pm
Nah, I expect to start cooking the Tuesday before Pesach — seder night is a Friday night this year.

STMommy

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 1:24 pm
Not cooking yet - but I am already being mindful of using things up from my freezer to make space, and shopping more carefully for frozen items in the coming weeks.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 2:19 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
Just wondering... I see people here asking for recipes. Even if you have a Pesach kitchen how do you find kosher l’pesach food now? Although I have a big house and need to cook for soooo many people, I don’t have a Pesach kitchen so cooking now is not even on my radar. Are people doing it? If so, how???

If you don't eat processed foods on pesach it doesn't matter. Eggs are eggs. Potatoes are potatoes.
But no, I am not cooking. I'm not even thinking of what to cook. One holiday at a time. After Purim I'll think about it. And only a few days before Pesach will I start to prepare food. I do have a pesach kitchen but freezer-burnt kugels and cakes have no appeal for me. I'd rather have less food, but fresh food.

cbg

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 2:49 pm
I know a lady that's quite famous in my community, for doing this.
She buys KFP dry goods-cans, boxes, baking items, cereal, faux pasta, etc. on Shavuot, especially the stuff that goes on sale.
She starts baking Chanukah
And cooking RH Adar.
She says she bulk cooks 2x a year and hardly makes anything fresh during the year, except for occasional sides and salads, which she doesn't make that many.
To each his own.

justmarried:)

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 3:50 pm
It’s not too early to freeze. You just have to know what foods freeze good and how to freeze things properly. I am not making pesach this year. No cooking for me.

cbg

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 3:52 pm
justmarried:) wrote:
It’s not too early to freeze. You just have to know what foods freeze good and how to freeze things properly. I am not making pesach this year. No cooking for me.

Lucky You

tichellady

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 4:37 pm
I have not even thought about Purim yet. I have no idea what we are doing for pesach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics