Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
The cleaning angel and the dysfunctional princess
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 9:53 am
amother wrote:
OP her, Guess what you guys? I just found out I am anemic, and that is the reason for my extreme exhaustion! This problem is not totally the anemia, because without that I a still lazy. But it does explain why I just literally cannot get myself out of bed past 7:30 pm, even to get myself dinner--let alone start doing dishes!

Omg! My dh keeps telling me that must be
Anemic cuz I'm always cold and low energy, but that's just me I HATE TO CLEAN. Isn't that a thing?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 12:08 pm
Frumwithallergies wrote:
I use Martha Stewart lists for cleaning (found on her website). It helps me to have lists .... this keeps me sane.

Full disclosure, I have full-time help since I'm often not home and I need the babysitter to make sure my dc eat/sleep etc, however my kids are responsible for keeping common rooms tidy and making their beds in the morning. Everyone pitches in to clean for shabbos and pessach (yes, it's coming!) and my older dc have been taught to clean the bathrooms.

I also found a To Do list from a website for motzei shabbos which lists putting in a load of laundry (including the shabbos tablecloth). I find that by following that list, my house is not as topsy-turvy by Sunday.

OP, it's great that you've identified the problem. I'm sure that by tackling problems bit by bit, you will gain confidence! I'm sending you a virtual pair of funky, zebra-striped hot pink rubber gloves and enough Mr. Clean fumes to keep you buzzed Smile
would you mind linking the lists you use? Would love to see them

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 12:53 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Even if you have a lot of cleaning help, there is still a lot that has to be done.

As for going quickly - that depends on so many factors that I don't think that's an absolute statement. If you have a larger house, or more stuff, or more kids, or more LITTLE kids, or you're pregnant, or, let's face it, you can have some REALLY sloppy family members - then it doesn't go quick at all.

My luck, most of my friends DO love to clean. I like to clean too - like you know, once a week or so....

I have many of the above in your second paragraph. As I often sense on imamother, I’m coming from a different world I guess.

cnc

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 1:40 pm
amother wrote:
Something here sounds so unrealistic to me. (As in, I envy you. Not that I don't believe you.)

How old are your kids? What are their personalities?

You are really lucky that your kids go to sleep that early... my oldest (6) has always had sleeping issues, the earliest we've ever started adult-only evening time around here is about 8:30 if we're lucky.

Also, I wonder if in the case working all day means less cleaning help needed? Unless your kids are home without you.

In my personal experience my house was always much cleaner and easier to maintain when I was working full time and the kids and myself were out the whole day.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics