Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help Me Enhance My Shabbos

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Feb 09 2018, 4:33 pm
What nice things can I do to enhance my Shabbos Table or Candlelighting Area?
Please be specific even with where I might be able to buy?
I would love a fake flower arrangement that is high quality for middle of table don't know where to get.
Do some people put like doily cloths under their candle lighting tray?
Do you think that is safe?
Do most people have enough dishes not to have to wash dishes on Shabbos? Or Do people really wash up all the dishes every Friday night?
What nice things can be put out practically speaking that are economical and traditional looking that make it really look beautiful?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Feb 09 2018, 4:48 pm
amother wrote:
What nice things can I do to enhance my Shabbos Table or Candlelighting Area?
Please be specific even with where I might be able to buy?
I would love a fake flower arrangement that is high quality for middle of table don't know where to get.
Do some people put like doily cloths under their candle lighting tray?
Do you think that is safe?
Do most people have enough dishes not to have to wash dishes on Shabbos? Or Do people really wash up all the dishes every Friday night?
What nice things can be put out practically speaking that are economical and traditional looking that make it really look beautiful?

You can purchase a arrangement of faux flowers at a floral shop for a pretty penny or keep your eye out at TJ Max, as they often have beautiful pieces for around $30.
We have ivory/white dishes and I keep my eyes open for beautiful bargain pieces all the time and have amassed quite a collection of table ware. The color is very easy to match up. I love oblong platters and deep bowls. We also mix in silver pieces which look very nice with candelabra and cutlery.

climbing613

Post Fri, Feb 09 2018, 4:50 pm
Shabbos Licht on a mirror, cloth napkins with napkin rings, flowers, some floating flowers with stones at the bottom of a clear shallow dish, the yehi ratzon in a frame,

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Feb 09 2018, 5:05 pm
I like minimalist modern clean lines look.
A mirror under the candles is nicer and safer than doilies.
You can get tall cylinder vases and fill them with fake fruit like lemons or decorative balls.
I’m not into the classic faux flowers, but I do like the silver branches. My friend has a large silver bonsai tree. And from it hanging glass balls that has a flower inside.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics