Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Audio books

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 4:49 pm
I'd love info about where I can get free audio books. Can I get any on my iPhone, laptop? Any to recommend? For myself I'm interested in growth oriented, or Jewish, or how to..., and I'm also interested in anything clean for my kids ages 11 and up. Any ideas? Thanx.

heartinzion

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 5:08 pm
Your local library should have. You can download straight onto your phone.

For your kids-some of my kids favorites: where the red fern grows, island of the blue dolphins, Harry potter, all of a kind family, the Henry Huggins series (your kids might be too old for those)

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 6:18 pm
Audible.com is affiliated with Amazon.com and I get free book credits from them here and there. Like sometimes you can get a free credit if you forego 2-day shipping on an Amazon Prime order, or other promotions. I think you get a bunch of free credit just for signing up.

enneamom

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 9:36 pm
Best place to get free audiobooks is your local library. Download the Overdrive app and find your library on it, enter your card number and pin, and presto, access to free audiobooks. They don't have any Jewish ones, but there's lots of good self-help and kids.

essie14

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 9:45 pm
enneamom wrote:
Best place to get free audiobooks is your local library. Download the Overdrive app and find your library on it, enter your card number and pin, and presto, access to free audiobooks. They don't have any Jewish ones, but there's lots of good self-help and kids.

I second this. It's terrific.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 2:08 am
There is a website librivox.com that has free audiobooks recorded by volunteers. The books are all in the public domain. This is a great way to read the classics. There is also a librivox app you can get on your phone.
The website has thousands and thousands of important and enjoyable books.
In terms of which books will interest you and your children, you can do a little research on classic literature.
Before there was 'young adult literature' kids read the same books adults read. Check out Tolstoy, for example, who writes in a straightforward style kids can understand, and used to read!

Anonymous because I talk about librivox all the time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room