Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Games for special time

thegiver

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 11:04 pm
What are some free games that only involve mommy and need few or no props (ie I dont have to spend $$ to buy new games)

Love verbal games and games that involve physical touch bec its so not my nature and would love to be generous with my kids with physical touch

Anything to make them laugh!!
Bored of hide and seek and tag and duck duck goose

Shabbos friendly games a huge plus Smile

carrot

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 11:20 pm
Red light, green light, one two three

Mother may I

Hot and cold

Red rover (that might be too rough or you might not have enough kids to play)

carrot

Post Sat, Feb 10 2018, 11:22 pm
Kids hide under a blanket and you have to guess which kid, or which body part, you're feeling

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 1:39 am
A my name is Abby
Concentration
Hot cold
Indian cheif
Alibaba and forty thrives
Ha- ha - you lie on each other’s tummy 1st person says ha2nd person says hahaand so on,until you all end up laughing.

I don’t know what it’s called but someone makes a funny skit or acts silly and the first person to laugh is out.

There’s so many webuse to lay when we were little. Aaah the 70s, pre- internet and smart-phones time.

My daughters and made up a game we would play while cooking for Shabbat. One person says a word. And you had to makeup a song using that word

farina

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 5:29 am
We play " making challah" each step is done to child: crack eggs=bang on child's forehead and drip egg down then pour flour and knead= tickle stomach then punch down then roll child around to roll dough then braid by crossing child's hands and feet into an x.then its time to smear w eggs= u brush child from head to toe.then sprinkle seeds over child all over.then lift child into arms for oven and when ready u kiss him up to eat!!! U can get creative and make pizza or anything!

cinnamon

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 6:10 am
Simon says
We like activity songs like itsy bitsy spider, did you ever go a'fishing, a saylor went to sea, we're going to kentucky, hokey pokey

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 6:26 am
farina wrote:
We play " making challah" each step is done to child: crack eggs=bang on child's forehead and drip egg down then pour flour and knead= tickle stomach then punch down then roll child around to roll dough then braid by crossing child's hands and feet into an x.then its time to smear w eggs= u brush child from head to toe.then sprinkle seeds over child all over.then lift child into arms for oven and when ready u kiss him up to eat!!! U can get creative and make pizza or anything!

This sound adorable. Never heard of it before .

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 7:19 am
I know you said no cost games but if you're willing to spend a little, Alex Little Hands games are inexpensive and fun for toddlers.

seeker

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 10:07 am
I know it's been said before but Hot-and-cold is so underrated, preschool kids love it and can play it repeatedly!

As for the cost issue, check out some kid-inclusive thrift stores, you can score really great prices on games and it's nice to have just a few. It also gives kids good practice for when they will need to play games in school or with friends. And they generate different types of language than the (just as important, but different) no-prop games.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers