Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Cannot handle son's twitches
Previous  1  2

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 5:36 pm
amother wrote:

Try to ignore (it’s very hard, especially when you get comments from peopl). It will pass I promise

You promise? Mine never passed.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 5:46 pm
I read your title of the thread and oh boy, I can totally relate! My son developed facial twitches at around the same age. I went crazy! One thing helped me: tracking the sensations in my own body. The sophisticated name for this is ''somatic experiencing''. It helped me dissolve the trigger in my body and now he can twitch all he wants and it doesn't affect me.

Good luck to you!

WhatFor

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 9:32 pm
amother wrote:
He doesn’t do it because his nose is stuffed! That’s just his excuse!
He CANNOT help himself and you are not right to get nervous at him.

Try to ignore (it’s very hard, especially when you get comments from peopl). It will pass I promise.

Sometimes, when my son is really twitching bad, I tell him nicely, please try to calm your face a bit. Take a deep breath and relax.

I'm puzzled by how you can so confidently deny a child's stated reason for doing something if you've never met him in your life.

OP- please first go the medical route before assuming you should ignore him. As another poster said, focus on the fact that his nose is stuffed, and that's why you're doing it, and don't harp on the twitches.

justforfun87

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 10:02 pm
My friend just posted that she noticed her daughter twitching at dinner and remembered that it could be a sign of strep, the next day she tested positive for strep.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 11:54 pm
NAC is an amino acid that can help for twitches, tourettes syndrome. for nail biting , hair

pulling and behavior that

a person keeps repeating.

(To an outsider it seems that the person should be able to control the behavior, but NO, it is

the stricken person CANNOT help himself.

NAC also helps for stuffed sinuses and allergies.

Also, it is torture to be overpowered by a MEAN, unsympathetic female. Enough to make someone develp PSTD.

mother4

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 8:03 am
Oh, I'd like to hear more about NAC.

He does have repeated behaviours.

I agree he is very knocked down by his older sister. She is talented, mature, and mannered. So she automatically gets nicer treatment from everyone

mother4

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 5:51 pm
Ok I wanted to inform ppl reading this forum, my son had a blood test done, and it seems that his TSH (thyroid) levels are very elevated. This is directly affecting him in many ways, poor concentration, headaches, muscle pain, weight gain, twitches etc. Taking him to an endocrinologist to get the right medication.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics