Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Do you give different Mishloach Manot to different people?

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:03 am
Do you give different Mishloach manot to different people? I am talking about friends and neighbors. I am not talking about Rabbis and teachers which automatically you will give nicer.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:19 am
Not unless I know someone has an allergy to something I'm putting in there. And I don't send nicer to rabbis and teachers either. Everyone gets the same. I don't have time to figure out different configurations.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:37 am
No. I do one mishloach manos for everyone.
I don't give different to teachers or Rebbes either. They just get a check and my friends and neighbors don't Smile

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:40 am
My kids give little simple ones to their friends.
Sometimes Dh has someone he wants to give something nicer to, but it's usually the same to all.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:42 am
I often regift Mishloach Manos through the day, so definitely!

Especially if I can give that can of soda (we don’t do soda in my house) or non-cholov Yisroel chocolate to someone who’d actually get some use out of it.

simba

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:42 am
One version a year!

lfab

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:54 am
Everyone gets the same. I don't have patience to customize to specific people.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:32 pm
amother wrote:
Do you give different Mishloach manot to different people? I am talking about friends and neighbors. I am not talking about Rabbis and teachers which automatically you will give nicer.

Everyone gets the same, except for
1. Our parents who get expensive home cooked foods
2. If we have corporate MM that we need to send some years those are different, very elaborate and costly
3. If I need to send to certain colleagues some years, I donate to tzedakah and have the organization send a card stating a donation was made in your honor

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:54 pm
I send the same to everyone. In the future my kids will give simpler, smaller ones to their friends.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:58 pm
The teacher get just a box of chocolates & tip. They don't need everyone's home baked goods... the rest get the same. For my mom & mom in law, something for the meal.

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 3:01 pm
Same for everyone.
Parents and in laws usually get something for the meal.

Boca00

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 3:19 pm
Everyone gets the same, aside from by boss, our Rabbi, Rosh Yeshiva, Mashgiach and teachers. And the friend whose allergic to almost everything.

Teomima

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 4:40 pm
I make a more basic one I give to all my neighbors (one for each of the other seven units in our building, though a nicer one for the family just downstairs that we're especially friendly with), and slightly bigger ones for friends and family.

simcha2

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 4:43 pm
We do elaborately themed (though not that exciting food inside) mm. Everyone gets the same, we do over 100 and it would be too hard to customise.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 4:54 pm
I do the same . Rebbes get a check, instead of mm. Kids get to make two of their own for friends. My list got a lot shorter since we moved out to the boondocks a few yrs ago. We only have one neighbor at this point.

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 5:02 pm
I give different. Some friends to do not eat anything unless they cooked/baked it themselves. They bring their own food to their simchas. There is no sense giving what won't be used.

I have other friends that are specific about what heimeshe hecshers they will eat and what they will just give to a yeshiva. If I know I won't serve it to them in my home, they are not getting it in an MM.

I give bottles to certain Rabbis with a check and maybe a hamentash. They are completely overrun with MM and give everything away except money and booze.

I custom a few to close friends who give me very special ones.

Mil gets a special one also.

DH has a couple I costumize.

Most of the above get differentiated booze.

I then make all the rest the same. It is not as hard as it sounds because everyone gets the same theme, and I swap out or where appropriate.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 5:31 pm
I do different MM:
- for my single friends I makes small but funny MM (last year I made "Rockn'roll MM" with a bottle of beer, a special bar of chocolate and a small bag of "coke" (flour) Smile Smile
- for my sister and siblings-in-law I make personalized MM
- for couples our age (no wine but an exotic soft etc.) - regular size
- for older couples/rabbonim (a good bootle of wine) - regular size

This is how it works for us Smile

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 8:23 pm
I make on mm for almost everyone. Teachers get regular one with a check. My husband rabbi gets wine and chocolate and my inlaws get something nicer that corresponds with their diet.

lucky14

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 10:04 pm
Is it weird I give my boss the same I give everyone else? We do a themed one and I always just figured it's cuter to give that. I know she re-gifts it all anyway so I just assumed she wouldn't appreciate a "fancier" one any more. Am I wrong in doing that? (please be honest if it is bad- I'm asking seriously).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics