Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Best healthiest least sugar added yogurt for 6 month old
1  2  Next

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:19 am
We keep chalav yisroel, but I think there are no cy yogurt that fit this description.
please if you know of any that is all of the above (even if not cy & I'll ask a shaila as she is sick).

TIA!

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:22 am
I'm wondering the same. I use plain 2% gevina Greek yogurt

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:24 am
allthingsblue wrote:
I'm wondering the same. I use plain 2% gevina Greek yogurt

plain? do you add a/t for flavoring? thinking might be to tart for baby?

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:26 am
I give my kids yogurt for the calcium, protein and the good bacteria so I get plain unsweetened yogurt either greek or regular. I dont rely on it for their fat needs. The only full fat yogurts have sugar.

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:28 am
My kids never cared about the lack of sugar until they got older and found out what they were missing. My babies all ate plain yogurt in the beginning. Once they get to be 1 I add my own sweetener like honey, maple syrup, coconut syrup. But I can control how much or how little I want to give them.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:28 am
mha3484 wrote:
I give my kids yogurt for the calcium, protein and the good bacteria so I get plain unsweetened yogurt either greek or regular. I dont rely on it for their fat needs. The only full fat yogurts have sugar.

but she needs the fat. she gotta gain weight. wondering if there are full fat yogurt w/o sugar added or very little/organic?

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:32 am
My current baby well almost toddler had some issues gaining weight so he eats lots of avocado and I put olive oil in his food which did the trick for the weight gain. I just see yogurt as filling a different need.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:34 am
Always plain for an infant

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 11:35 am
Norman's makes a plain Greek yogurt - it's not marketed as low fat...
BUT it's only sold in a large tub not in small containers

Teomima

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 12:16 pm
Infants/little kids don't need you to add sweetener (just like they don't need you to add salt to other foods). As we get older, we develop food prejudices, and it's important to not impose those on our kids (say, just because you might not like broccoli, doesn't mean your kid wouldn't love it, given the chance).

To this day all my kids eat, and prefer, 3% plain, unsweetened, unflavored yogurt.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 12:50 pm
I never gave my babies yogurt and I never understood why people think yogurt is a healthy food. It’s similar to ice cream imo.

Why not give cottage cheese? Yogurt has so much sugar!

If you think for whatever reason that yogurt is something your baby needs, then buy the plain Greek yogurt and mix in unsweetened applesauce.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:02 pm
Cottage cheese is better for fat, although live yogurt contains the good bacteria that is really healthy for little ones. If giving yogurt please, please give plain! There's no reason to get your baby used to any kind of sugar. Even reduced sugar yogurts have wayyy to much sugar in them.

Previous poster - plain yogurt is NOTHING like ice cream.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:35 pm
There's only 1 full fat cholov yisroel yogurt on the market and it has sugar.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:37 pm
amother wrote:
I never gave my babies yogurt and I never understood why people think yogurt is a healthy food. It’s similar to ice cream imo.

Why not give cottage cheese? Yogurt has so much sugar!

If you think for whatever reason that yogurt is something your baby needs, then buy the plain Greek yogurt and mix in unsweetened applesauce.

Plain yogurt has no added sugar. It's not like ice cream. And it has probiotics which cottage cheese doesn't have. (It's also smoother and easier for younger babies to eat.)

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:39 pm
It’s not CY, but I always use the yobaby yogurt by stonyfield farms. It’s organic.

naomi2

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:41 pm
Chobani

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:52 pm
Give her avocado for fat. I give my daughter 3% and 7% plain yogurt. In the beginning, she made some faces probably reacting to the tartness but now she eats it no problem. I mixed it with some pureed mango sometimes. Now she eats it plain no problem each morning.

chatz

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:56 pm
You can always try making your own with full fat milk

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 2:59 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
It’s not CY, but I always use the yobaby yogurt by stonyfield farms. It’s organic.

Thank you. ill look into this.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 3:00 pm
amother wrote:
Cottage cheese is better for fat, although live yogurt contains the good bacteria that is really healthy for little ones. If giving yogurt please, please give plain! There's no reason to get your baby used to any kind of sugar. Even reduced sugar yogurts have wayyy to much sugar in them.

Previous poster - plain yogurt is NOTHING like ice cream.

afaik cottage cheese has more junk. but I may be wrong. in any case she won't be able to tolerate the texture (yet)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics