Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Mini Pizzas and Cheesy Potatoes

myname1

Post Wed, Feb 14 2018, 3:41 am
I'm looking for 2 recipes that I'm sure are on here already, but I can't seem to find them.

I thought it would be fun to do pizza dough with ketchup and shredded cheese in a muffin tin. But the pizza dough would have to not rise much, so it will be mini pizzas and not muffins with ketchup and cheese on top. Does that make sense? Do you think it will work? Do you have a recipe that might work? (I have a pizza dough recipe that rises a ton, so I'd rather a different pizza dough recipe that stays more flat anyway.)

I know I've made a sliced potatoes with milk and cheese dish before, but now can only remember the name of and therefore find the parve version (Scalloped Potatoes). What is this called when it's milk and cheese? Anyone have a good recipe?

Thank you!

myname1

Post Wed, Feb 14 2018, 6:49 am
Okay, I see the milchig version I was thinking of is called Au Gratin Potatoes. It seems scalloped also typically has milk, but au gratin also has cheese. (I think the typical kosher scalloped potatoes are parve though.) So I managed to find some recipes. What did people do before Google??

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 14 2018, 10:15 am
For mini pizzas in muffin tins use tortillas/wraps. Cut out mini rounds as your base using cookie cutter or open can.

tichellady

Post Wed, Feb 14 2018, 10:31 am
Scalloped potatoes are usually dairy and I don’t think ketchup and cheese go together, but marinara sauce and cheese do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals