Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chassidish girls schools in Lakewood
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Feb 14 2018, 5:50 pm
Can anyone please help me with a list of chassidish girls schools in Lakewood, and what type each one has? How the academics are. Also who runs it would be helpful. Contact info I can find myself. Any other information that you think can be helpful for someone looking into schools there moving from bp.

21young

Post Wed, Feb 14 2018, 8:24 pm
If you share which schools your children are in now we could help you identify how chassidish you’re looking for. In order from less chassidish to more:
Bais Tova - Rabbi Sanders (They don’t want fathers who wear a streimel)
Bnos Penina - Mrs. Paskesz
Kesser BY, now called Bnos Hadassa - Rabbi Blum, Mrs. Leiser
Tiferes Chaya - ?
Bais Rochel - Rabbi Phillip
Bnos Bina - ?

Please please before you buy a house get your kids into school, and keep a very open mind. You probably will not get into the school of your first choice and you have to be okay with exploring other options.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Feb 14 2018, 8:50 pm
21young wrote:
If you share which schools your children are in now we could help you identify how chassidish you’re looking for. In order from less chassidish to more:
Bais Tova - Rabbi Sanders (They don’t want fathers who wear a streimel)
Bnos Penina - Mrs. Paskesz
Kesser BY, now called Bnos Hadassa - Rabbi Blum, Mrs. Leiser
Tiferes Chaya - ?
Bais Rochel - Rabbi Phillip
Bnos Bina - ?

Please please before you buy a house get your kids into school, and keep a very open mind. You probably will not get into the school of your first choice and you have to be okay with exploring other options.

So Bais Tova is out. Bnos penina from what I just searched on this site is out also.
Can you describe the other schools? My boys are in mevakshai hashem, my girls are in vein

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Feb 14 2018, 9:09 pm
You would probably be interested in either Keser Bais Yaakov, Tiferes Chaya, or Bais Rochel.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Feb 14 2018, 11:52 pm
amother wrote:
You would probably be interested in either Keser Bais Yaakov, Tiferes Chaya, or Bais Rochel.
Can you tell me more about these schools? And why not bnos bina?

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Feb 14 2018, 11:57 pm
Bnos Bina is the easiest one to get into. But it's quite chassidish. I'd compare it to Bais Sura in bp maybe.

Bais Rochel is very very difficult to get into. Great heimish chassidish school. Compare it to Tomer Devoras old crowd. (I hear TD is very chassidish today.

KBY became impossible to get into to. It's more lite chassidish. Not everyone wears shtreimel.

Tiferes Chaya I dont know much about. For some reason it's not such a sought after school. Dont know why.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 7:49 pm
amother wrote:
Bnos Bina is the easiest one to get into. But it's quite chassidish. I'd compare it to Bais Sura in bp maybe.

Bais Rochel is very very difficult to get into. Great heimish chassidish school. Compare it to Tomer Devoras old crowd. (I hear TD is very chassidish today.

KBY became impossible to get into to. It's more lite chassidish. Not everyone wears shtreimel.

Tiferes Chaya I dont know much about. For some reason it's not such a sought after school. Dont know why.

Thanks for this. Anyone knows more about Tiferes Chaya?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 8:02 pm
Bnos bina is the most chassidish and it is very hard to get into.
I know people who send to tiferes Chaya and are very happy there. Your girls would probably fit well in there or Bais Rochel. Crowd is pretty similar. I would recommend you try both and see where u can get in. You should also try Kesser BY. I don’t know much about it but from what I hear it’s a great school too. Good luck!

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 8:07 pm
amother wrote:
Bnos bina is the most chassidish and it is very hard to get into.
I know people who send to tiferes Chaya and are very happy there. Your girls would probably fit well in there or Bais Rochel. Crowd is pretty similar. I would recommend you try both and see where u can get in. You should also try Kesser BY. I don’t know much about it but from what I hear it’s a great school too. Good luck!
between these 4 schools? which is the most academic? Which is the most warm? Which has the smallest classes?

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 8:15 pm
I'm actually also looking into schools.
My girls are in munkatch here in BP.
Are any of these schools similar to the school here in B.P ?

keym

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 8:21 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for this. Anyone knows more about Tiferes Chaya?

I know its also known as Leifers. Run by the family of R Berel Leifer.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 8:26 pm
keym wrote:
I know its also known as Leifers. Run by the family of R Berel Leifer.

what kind of place is it?

keym

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
what kind of place is it?

Im sorry I dont know. Im not Chassidish and I dont come from Boro Park. I know of schools but I dont know the nuances.Ive heard it said 50% streimlach.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 9:51 pm
I know that some people don’t like the idea of Tiferes Chaya because there are no parallel classes. Also the administration doesn’t have much previous experience.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 10:09 pm
I can tell you about Tiferes Chaya.
It's a great school, small - they have2 classes per grade, and very very warm. Emphasis on making every girl feel special!
The hanahala is amazing also. If your looking for a warm smallish chassidish school then thats the place to go.
I think the academics are similar to Bais Rochel.
Kesser Bais Yaakov is the most into academics

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 5:15 am
I send to kesser (bnos hadassa actually). They take a beautiful frum chassidish crowd but aren't as makpid about chassidish as much as frum. Their havara is like stolin not chassidish if that makes a difference. I LOVE the school and everything about it. So happy I send there. I'd be happy to answer specific questions but not sure they're still accepting new students for next year. I believe they're full.
In general try to find some parents from the youngest two grades in each of these schools. Tiferes chaya changed in the last two years (in a positive way). And I don't know if bais Rochel did but it's a great crowd established school great curriculum as well. I don't know enough about bais Rochel and tiferes chaya to give detailed info. Good luck

happyone

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 8:31 am
I have heard only good things about tiferes chaya.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 10:11 am
One nice thing about Bais Rochel is that it has a high school (Bais Leah) to feed into. The high school is considered to be quite academic (as told to me by a friend who teaches there.)

ETA: Bnos Bina also feeds into a high school - Ateres Nechama. It is, I think, the most Chassidish school in Lakewood (except for maybe some of the newer ones like Belz or Viznitz).

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 10:54 am
Lol my girls also go to Vien and I’m looking into Lakewood schools as well! Bnos bina I heard about.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Feb 16 2018, 10:59 am
Just a heads up..

I have a business rel-ship with several mothers in in TC. They told me that the school is planning on instituting a no driving rule, if they haven't already..
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics