Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Idea for MIL special birthday

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 5:31 pm
My MIL is turning 70 soon and I need some ideas of what we should get her for her birthday.
What have you done for your parents or in-laws special birthdays or anniversaries?
Any ideas are extremely appreciated!

PAMOM

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 5:48 pm
My MIL wanted jewelry. We got her sapphire studs. She loved them. For 75, she wanted a strand of good pearls. We spent around 500 wholesale for each but you can definitely spend less.

nottelling

Post Thu, Feb 15 2018, 6:49 pm
We celebrated my FIL's birthday 2 years ago.

We went away for an extended weekend, just the immediate family (but that itself was close to 40 people, including kids).

All my FIL's kids live in different places, all over the US so it was very meaningful to him to have everyone together.

Over the course of the weekend we gave FIL different presents- each family was responsible for something different. Don't know if I can remember each thing we gave him..some were just bought from the store (tie/cufflinks, expensive slippers) and others were more creative (one family was in charge of a creating a scrapbook to present to him, another sibling was in charge of dealing with the video, which we showed motzi shabbos and was the best present he said he recieved, and another family wrote a song/gramin, which the grandchildren sang).

we really put all our effort into this party, and he enjoyed every single moment of it

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 1:44 am
Jewelry for MIL? Nah, not from a young growing family. Give something meaningful with kids pics.

PAMOM

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 4:17 am
Nottelling and OP, an “experience” gift is a wonderful one.
Pumpkin, you need to know the recipient. We were young families with young children. DMIL had plenty of pictures and videos. She liked jewelry and gifts like that said love to her. You can’t judge by your own experience . That’s why I offered info about what we did rather than telling OP what she should do.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 4:38 am
Well, good luck if you need to save for stones and gold for the grandmothers on top of the wife...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics