Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Would you let your child marry someone with no money?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Feb 23 2018, 4:00 pm
amother wrote:
marry the person not the money. because there is no guarantee what will happen.

hagalgal chozer baolam. no its not true if you have money now then you will 25 yrs down the line. that is young and foolish. hashem has a plan for everyone.

to the poster saying the above statement. have you never seen anyone be filthy rich and loose it overnight? for so many reasons I cant count?

op the persons character is what matters. you can be filthy rich and have a miserble person to live with. and anyway money comes from hashem. its not in our hands. dh is multitalented. and I mean it. and he just makes just enough. n

chazal say, lo lachachomim lechem. its not the the smart ones that is wealthy. we think if we have a big nice degree we will be making nice money. no its not that way. its hishtadlus and the rest is up to hashem. I have seen fools make a lot of money and I have seen smart individuals make nothing to cover their bread.

Yes everything cones from hashem but it happens to be that I know a few ppl who are very rich and they are very nice ppl with good middos. To say ppl who are rich are spoiled brats is not true. So why would a rich person be misrable to live with? There can be a gem of a boy who also owns a healthcare business or....which will provide an "excess" of income.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 9:27 pm
I married someone with no savings or earnings (learning), whose parents contributed no money (other than toward the wedding), and I consider myself the happiest woman alive. I didn't even give money a second's thought.

I wonder about the language "let your child marry" Whoa. Did your parents tell you who to marry? I know mine didn't. I made the decision myself, since I was an adult who was...old enough to get married.

amother
White

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 10:02 pm
amother wrote:
Would you let your daughter marry someone who is a very good guy but he doesn’t have such a high salary and his parents don’t have so much money?

Are you able to contribute to their expenses when they're starting out?

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 10:09 pm
'Let'? My children are adults. I'll happily accept a potential child in law without money if he or she is the right fit for my kid. Or a rich one. Whatever, as long as they are the right fit for my kids.

My kids are mentchen. They also deserve that.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Jul 23 2018, 11:10 pm
This thread is from Feb. Not sure if OP is still following.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics