Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
ISO greenbean recipe from short on time

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 1:11 pm
I'm looking for the greenbean recipe from short on time. or any good greenbean recipe. TIA

ROFL

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 9:01 pm
Are you using fresh greenbeans or frozen. For fresh greenbeans I blanch them in hot water (that means boilwater and stick green beans in their for about 2-r minutes) then I take them and stir fry with minced garlic and red pepper. Add spices I like black pepper and salt my kids like Lawrey's season salt. For frozen I bake them with a spritz of Pam and spices ( as above).

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 9:55 pm
Sweet & Sticky Green Beans - KBD Short on Time

2 lbs. green beans, trimmed
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 large shallots, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
1/3 cup honey
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp cornstarch

Place greenbeans in medium pot; cover with water. Bring to to a boil over high heat and cook until the green beans turn a brighter shade, 2-3 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and sliced garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until garlic is fragrant but not browned. If it begins to brown, lower the heat. Add the chopped red and yellow bell peppers and saute for 3 minutes longer. Add the honey.
In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the soy sauce. Mix until smooth. Add to the skillet. Bring to a simmer so the sauce thickens.
Transfer the beans into the skillet. Use tongs to combine the ingredients and glaze the beans.

mommalah

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 1:01 am
Does anyone know if the Short on Time recipe is to be served hot or cold??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes