Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
DS won't "make" on the school toilet?!?

lubcoralsprings

Post Tue, Nov 06 2007, 10:59 pm
I toilet trained ds this past week. He's fine at home and other peoples houses with me but won't go at school. He holds it in for hours and either has an accident, goes at naptime when he is put on a diaper, or comes home doubled over in pain. What should I do?

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 06 2007, 11:29 pm
Bribe him Smile SEriously though, most kids when first trained don't like to try a different washroom ( neighther do some adults Twisted Evil ) then the one they are accustomed too.
So as a Morah I encourage them to go on it anyways, even if they don't need and if they try 1, Hashem will help (that they will do something, in most cases they actually do Wink ) 2. They get a special sticker from Morah for trying.
Also get rid of anything that resembles diapers keep underwear for him always. Exclamation 1. He wont feel comfortable in wet stuff 2. Morah will make sure to take him often b/c who wants to deal with accidents Tongue Out

e1234

Post Wed, Nov 07 2007, 3:44 am
I had the same problem .. my son a few years later still waits till he gets home...

TightRopeWalker

Post Wed, Nov 07 2007, 10:28 am
I had the same problem with my son. It would get so bad I got phone calls from the school. I realized for him the problem was that the bathrooms smelled and were dirty. It was a fun year.

lubcoralsprings

Post Thu, Nov 08 2007, 6:57 pm
B"H he went the past two days at school. I told the teacher to tell him if he goes on the potty then Tattie will take him for a slurpee after school. B"H it worked and he goes #1. Now the quest begins for number 2!

Dini

Post Thu, Nov 08 2007, 7:28 pm
I also have the prob with #2, even at home its not so great he holds it till the last second and last week he had an accident in school I felt really bad for the teacher embarrassed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training