Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Silver Cross
1  2  Next

mamaluv

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 5:07 pm
Did anyone ever hear of the stroller called Silver Cross? I'm looking into it now. Do any of you have it? are you happy with it? I'd appreciate any info you have thanks. Very Happy

jba

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 6:31 pm
I know my mother got one for me as a gift when I was born. She showed it to me recently when I had dd. I think it's a bit impractical for day to day needs. I don't think they have updated it much in the last 20 years. This is the pram style one.
If you are talking about one of their (modern) lightweight ones, my sil had it and didn't like it too much. She said it cost as much as a maclaren and didn't stand up to her usage.
Good luck.

Blossom

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 6:53 pm
Here is the information I got from a carriage store owner:

The Silver Cross lightweight strollers were made by a company which used the "Silver Cross" name with permission and their workmanship was totally not what people expected from Silver Cross and caused a lot of damage to the Silver Cross name. So I think this year Silver Cross designed and manufactured the lightweights through their own company to gain back their reputation.
I just don't know the comparison between this year's model versus the previous models.
It does look cute and it's not the typical looking Maclaren stroller, however I do think that People were more satisfied with Maclaren's cutsomer service than with Silver Cross, since Silver cross was not taking too much responsibility on the lightweights, but maybe this has changed once they manufactured it themselves.

I guess it's a choice between sticking to the tried and true or take the risk for the cuter less typical look.

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 7:05 pm
my mom had one for me when I was born! they are probably smaller and sleeker now.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 7:12 pm
I just came across a website www.shnoop.com They are selling a Silver Cross stroller for $200, it's a $700 stroller!!! I think I'm in for one it's a great price and has some really nice features.

dewyt

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 8:49 pm
I am also sitting on shnoop deciding if I should go for it! PLEASE someone tell me if this is good, I trust you guys more than mr jones from kentucky lol

dewyt

Post Fri, Nov 16 2007, 5:57 am
ok.....shame nobody answered me...I got it in the end, ill let everyone know if its a steal or not! but a $700 carriage for $200 better be good!

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 16 2007, 6:22 am
everytime I passed the "silver cross" all I could think of is "garlic" ... so there now you know ...

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 16 2007, 6:24 am
dewyt wrote:
ok.....shame nobody answered me...I got it in the end, ill let everyone know if its a steal or not! but a $700 carriage for $200 better be good!

so you're gonna be the guinea pig ... do you like salsa or pistachio ...

ella

Post Fri, Nov 16 2007, 7:29 am
my mother has one that is 18 years old.
it is still in beautiful condition. they do hold up very well.

because of the spring action that they have, they rock the baby to sleep very nicely. better than a regular stroller.

they do not fold up compactly.

also they're not for an older baby. all the ones I have seen do not have straps, and any baby old enough to sit up and crawl could fall out.

it's possible that the newer designs are different, I have not seen any.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 16 2007, 7:39 am
don't know much ... but stuff today is not made as well as years ago ... in general ...

shopaholic

Post Sun, Nov 18 2007, 6:39 am
My mother bought one when I was born almost 30 years ago. She used it for 12 years through 6 kids & then saved it for me. Of course I thought it was too big, heavy & ugly & so she threw it away.

I like the one on Shnoop. Wondering if I should buy one & put it away?

shopaholic

Post Sun, Nov 18 2007, 6:48 am
My mother bought one when I was born almost 30 years ago. She used it for 12 years through 6 kids & then saved it for me. Of course I thought it was too big, heavy & ugly & so she threw it away.

I like the one on Shnoop. Wondering if I should buy one & put it away?

icetea

Post Sun, Nov 18 2007, 10:24 am
by the way, did anyone see the other silver cross carriage posted today at shnoop.com? I think I'm liking it better any opinions before I order it?
thanks a lot

YALT

Post Sun, Nov 18 2007, 10:56 am
I just saw it! I like it!
DH really wanted a SilverCross for DS, cuz he remembers it lasting all the years in his house (until they lent it to a neighbor, and never saw it again!)
The one thing I'm hesitant about is that it doesn't look like a good size basket.
I don't know what to do....

shopaholic

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 9:53 am
Nowadays unless you buy a Graco or the like, you aren't going to get a big basket. I don't rely on basket size anymore.

mommymiri

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 10:34 am
I have a silver cross camden collection ( I think thats what its called). DONT buy it Twisted Evil I HATE it! I could list all my resons but it's not worth my time....take my word for it dont buy it! if you want more details let me know but it's not worth the $ good luck! no stroller is perfect but this is forsure very far from any type of ideal stroller!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 7:55 pm
what abot the s4 jet sport design?

dewyt

Post Mon, Nov 26 2007, 8:29 pm
hey! I got my silver cross today and WE LOVE IT~~~such a great deal, its so easy for me to push after the three junkier strollers I have had since my son was born. to me it REALLY feels like a $700 stroller, that in my wildest dreams I never would have bought! but for 199 it was a super duper deal!!! yay~ lucky me~~~ hope some of you ordered one too! by the way I got the one in red bc the green was prettier but too light, one chocolatey finger and thats the end of the pistachio!!

YALT

Post Tue, Nov 27 2007, 3:36 am
Please let me know how it is in 2 monnths.
It's hard to find the problems the first day.
(Hope you don't have any!)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics