Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Who has an interesting... job w/o a college degree?
1  2  Next

Mevater

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 10:16 am
... interesting and well paying job w/o a college degree, that is.

Do others you know have interesting and well paying jobs w/o college degrees?

Tehilla

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 10:47 am
Cheers me B"H B"H B"H

it is the true chessed of Hashem that I have my job and I'm so grateful. I had three years of college but didn't finish.

Mevater

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 10:50 am
Tehilla wrote:
Cheers me B"H B"H B"H

it is the true chessed of Hashem that I have my job and I'm so grateful. I had three years of college but didn't finish.
And you're not going to tell us what the job involves?

Tehilla

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 10:54 am
oops embarrassed

I'm the administrative director for a Lubavitch woman who teaches/lectures. I handle everything from personal things to bookings/flights, emails, etc.

I just started recently. It's taking time to catch up on all the work, plus there's enough work almost to hire someone else (Iy"H soon!). I really love it, and it's a personal and spiritual fit.

I'm not going to disclose the pay, but it's competitive B"H!

Nu, do you also or you were just curious?

Mevater

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 12:31 pm
Tehilla wrote:

Just curious.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 12:34 pm
I did get a BA but the job that I have now has NOTHING to do with a college degree. I, and a whole bunch of other women, were trained for our jobs for four months and then started working. I am a lease abstractor. none or almost none of the women that I work with have gone to college and it is a good job. it is from 8 - 2:30 so those women with little kids can get home earlier than later and that is a big plus.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 12:39 pm
me too - working on a frum website. altho I learned computers in sem, what I'm using on the job are self-learned skills I acquired during those long years at home raising the kids. I love the people I work with, the atmosphere, and the challenges. I have an amazing boss who's very willing to delegate, the more the merrier, so I'm always learning new things, too. and I'm even learning Torah on the job.
The only drawback is that the pay is relatively low. Otherwise I love it.

MahPitom

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 2:31 pm
I'm A Mother

amother

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 2:35 pm
I work from home as a virtual assistant. Filling, billing, follow up calls etc. I work at my own hours and make calls when needed anytime I can. Never stepped foot in college, though I'm considering going just to take some courses that interest me. I'm an aspiring writer.

tzatza

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 2:51 pm
I fell like most people omitted the "and well paying" part Smile

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 5:01 pm
I have a well paying job which doesn't require a college degree--- I'm a sales director.

So now I'm kicking myself for going to graduate school and repaying student loans for many years for a degree I'm not using. (I have a MAED).

I don't regret undergrad though. I learned a lot of life skills in college. Of course that was also before I became frum.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 5:02 pm
ps, what exactly do you mean by well paying? I make what I think is a decent amount of money, but it's not $100,000 or more (yet?)

GetReal

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 6:27 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
it's not $100,000 or more (yet?)

IY"H soon, by all of us!

Tehilla

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 6:35 pm
Quote:
IY"H soon, by all of us!

amein! mine pays well, B"H.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 7:01 pm
pays well is all relative....sure I get paid what most would say is a lot, but as a trade off, I work many days more than 16 hours, end up working after getting home to finish things up, can unfortunately go days without seeing my kids (leaving before they are up, and coming home after they are in bed), having to travel at times, etc. so yes, I do have a job that I enjoy, but I have had to pay a pretty steep price to get to the level where I am......do you expect to make a lot without putting forth a lot of effort.

Tehilla

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 7:04 pm
Quote:
do you expect to make a lot without putting forth a lot of effort.

what do you mean? I put in a lot of effort and time, mental, spiritual focus is required for my job. I work part-time, because my truest job is being wife and mommy B"H.

I also consistently daven and try to increase in Torah u'mitzvos in order to merit parnassa tova, b'kavod, and abundant!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 7:11 pm
tehilla - I was responding to tzatza above who said most people leave out the well paying part.....the reaon why many people dont make a lot of money is becuase they make choices. I am not saying those choices are wrong. given the opportunity, id love to be in a position to say I will cut my work time in 1/2 and make 1/2 the money so that I can spend more time with my kids, and not feel so ragged all the time. unfortunately, my reality is such that that is impossible Sad

Tehilla

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 7:17 pm
no worries, I was just geniunely puzzled! Iy"H we'll all have ample parnassa and we women will only need to work if we want to

bashinda

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 8:44 pm
Tehilla wrote:
oops embarrassed

I'm the administrative director for a Lubavitch woman who teaches/lectures. I handle everything from personal things to bookings/flights, emails, etc.

I just started recently. It's taking time to catch up on all the work, plus there's enough work almost to hire someone else (Iy"H soon!). I really love it, and it's a personal and spiritual fit.

I'm not going to disclose the pay, but it's competitive B"H!

Yes you have a cool job. I'd love to work for her if I had the time and could do it from home.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 9:57 pm
I love my job as a MUA.
I am using my talents, and meeting so many diff ppl along the way.
I am my own boss which is the best!!
but it is hard to stand on your feet for a good part of the day, and when I get home, I am exhausted beyond words, and sometimes still have to go back for after the chuppah.
But it is worth it, I get to be with my son in the mornings, and be home in the late afternoon.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics