Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Should I call them back?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 04 2007, 10:43 pm
I had an interview with a family on Sunday night. The job was to babysit their three kids for a full day 5 days a week. They seem interested bc I was their only prospect. I thought they would hire me that night. Then they said they would have to call me back after they think about things.
I would take the job right now if they asked me to.
It is now Tuesday night, should I call them in the morning or should I wait for them to call me?
I am basicly doing nothing right now bc I have not been offered anything else but what if something comes up in 10 mins. Should I say yes or no?
I thought I had the job in the bag so I stopped inquiring about the other jobs and mym husband is now getting impatient.
If you were the employer what would you tell me to do?

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 04 2007, 11:14 pm
well definately call back and inquire ... be positive and not desparate sounding ...

Dini

Post Tue, Dec 04 2007, 11:18 pm
I would say not to call, what's the point? if they need you they'll call you.

grin

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 12:28 am
I agree with greenfire - maybe they meant to call and were unable to or else they've found someone else. Either way, you're better off knowing than not. and don't forget to sound positive and confident

chaimsmom

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 10:44 am
Definitely call. And if you don't get the job, it will help in your future job search to find out why. I'm involved in a lot of hiring decisions at my job and it always impresses me when someone asks why they weren't hired. I've even helped a few of these people find jobs elsewhere.

Starhavah

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 10:45 am
amother wrote:
I had an interview with a family on Sunday night. The job was to babysit their three kids for a full day 5 days a week. They seem interested bc I was their only prospect. I thought they would hire me that night. Then they said they would have to call me back after they think about things. If you were the employer what would you tell me to do?

Call them back. Many jobs go to the prospect that seems the most interested and excited about the position.

Hanukkah Sameach,
Star Havah

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 7:07 pm
I'm the OP and I called and I got the job! Finally! I've been without steady work since June!

Starhavah

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 9:55 pm
RivkiA wrote:
I'm the OP and I called and I got the job! Finally! I've been without steady work since June!

Good for you! Good luck with your new job.

Havah
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics