Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Has pregnancy/childbirth affected your brain?
1  2  3  4  Next

Do you think pregnancy/childbirth affected your brain?
Yes, I'm not as smart as I used to be.  
 64%  [ 48 ]
No, I'm the same as I always was.  
 18%  [ 14 ]
I'm smarter than ever! :)  
 16%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 74

Motek

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 6:29 pm
Do you think pregnancy/childbirth affected your brain?

technic

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 6:33 pm
it did during pregnancy (got v forgetful) but then got back 2 "normal" - or my approximation of it Twisted Evil

miriam

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 7:37 pm
I heard that during labor, it's not only the baby you push out, some memory and brain cells as well. LOL

shoy18

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 8:37 pm
technic wrote:
it did during pregnancy (got v forgetful) but then got back 2 "normal" - or my approximation of it Twisted Evil

me too I couldnt remember what you told me five min ago, but its better now, I can remember what you told me ten min ago!

I also found that when I was preg I couldnt see well at night, not blury or anything or CV being blind, maybe I just couldnt concentrate in the dark Im not sure.

lucky

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 9:49 pm
I think it's just that with each baby we have more and more to worry about, so that uses all those extra brain cells we once had.

technic

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 10:31 pm
shoy im glad u were listening 2 me Wink ....miriam LOL

micki

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 10:56 pm
I heard you lose 50% of your brian with each birth. so after the first yo (at least I! ) had 50% left. after the second I lost 50% of that, but according to some law of math you'll never get to zero- so take heart ladies!

hardwrknmom

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 11:13 pm
GREAT POLL MOTEK!

I never thought someone would bring this up but for me, I think ive compeltely lost it!! I don't remember names or what I just did. I guess taking care of kids just does it to me!

Exhaustion is a BIG factor!

Last edited by hardwrknmom on Wed, Aug 17 2005, 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total

hisorerus

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 11:53 pm
Losing intelligence, or losing memory?

roza

Post Wed, Aug 17 2005, 12:09 am
oy gevalt!

hardwrknmom

Post Wed, Aug 17 2005, 12:20 am
hisorerus wrote:
Losing intelligence, or losing memory?

Memory !!

nicole81

Post Wed, Aug 17 2005, 12:25 am
I'm just as smart as I was before, even smarter in some ways. however there is one factor that makes me extremely forgetful and appear to be less 'with it' than usual. it's called lack of sleep.

baby's mom

Post Wed, Aug 17 2005, 12:41 am
I lost my memory..what is it like to sleep throught the night ? What

smile

Post Wed, Aug 17 2005, 2:31 pm
I got more forgetful since I had the kids. And on top of it I think I hear less well as I used too. Does it makes sense? Idea

Tefila

Post Wed, Aug 17 2005, 4:36 pm
I think I've b/come smarter and more w/h it w/h kids 8) and thats not saying much Tongue Out . Och and vey if I had got worse Rolling Eyes

Yael

Post Wed, Aug 17 2005, 8:16 pm
Just so you know, I edited this thread. dont let disagreements from the controversial section spill over to the other parts of our site.

Motek

Post Sun, Aug 21 2005, 1:36 pm
miriam wrote:
I heard that during labor, it's not only the baby you push out, some memory and brain cells as well. LOL

I understand it's meant to be humorous, but from the poll and the way people talk, it seems as though people take this seriously. Unless there is concrete proof for this, a source in Torah or (l'havdil) from non-Torah sources, don't you find this demeaning?

Aish

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 7:29 pm
pregnancy definitely affected my brain. im still smart but why does it take so long to find my words sometimes! articulation is a big deal. I recently heard rivka slonim speak. and if any of you are familiar with her, you know shes a great speaker. but not just a great speaker, she makes great use of the english language and FINDS her words and does not fumble for them. and she has kids K'AH and shes a professor, apparently. id like to know how she stays so sharp.
but I think a lot of it is lack of sleep and lack of dealing with the world the way you used to. so its now baby language that your most familiar with. and not the language of adults!
its just a different life ladies!

Tefila

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 7:38 pm
Aish if that was u'r career u'd be suprised how articulate and eloquent u would become.
U do make me laugh LOL LOL

Aish

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 9:42 pm
freilich wrote:
Aish if that was u'r career u'd be suprised how articulate and eloquent u would become.
U do make me laugh LOL LOL

I think that should be my career Tongue Out
after I heard her even I was articulate for a few days. that really rubbed off on me! my hubby looked at me in surprise like "is this the girl I once dated? hi nice to meet you, its been a number of years, nice to have you back, let me listen to your well thought out, intelligent and highly ARTICULATE knowledge you impart to me now".
wow, I feel like a genius! I can speak english again! no thats not baby/toddler/preschool negotiation/conversation LOL
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics