Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Has pregnancy/childbirth affected your brain?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Do you think pregnancy/childbirth affected your brain?
Yes, I'm not as smart as I used to be.  
 64%  [ 48 ]
No, I'm the same as I always was.  
 18%  [ 14 ]
I'm smarter than ever! :)  
 16%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 74

1stimer

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 2:44 am
Not so easy to solve, technic, unless that was an offer to take my son for a few nights?

And no, I can't tell from ur posts how ur brain was affected since I don't know u bk.

cr2005

Post Mon, Aug 29 2005, 6:02 pm
well during pregnancy I became very forgetful which really shocked......and drove me a bit crazy...........after I gave birth it took me sometime to adjust to the whole mother thing. I feel now a couple of years later that I became much smarter.......I mean knowing what I know now how to take care of my kids on a day to day basis and everything that goes with it. I mean of course I don't get to read as much.......and use my brain in ways that I used too but its a diff. type of smartness.......something that I've come to appreciate.....and its a wonderful blessing doing what I do now..

technic

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 8:14 am
1stimer u cant think I was BORN this way LOL.. re taking ur son it depends - how adorable is he???...does he chuckle?...is he cuddly???

1stimer

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 9:25 am
technic wrote:
1stimer u cant think I was BORN this way LOL

umm... yes Wink what other excuse could I think of?
Quote:
.. re taking ur son it depends - how adorable is he???...does he chuckle?...is he cuddly???

He giggles and we've just taught him to cuddle. He especially likes middle of the night cuddles. How many nights do u want him for? LOL [/quote]

technic

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 10:18 am
MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT???? shock ummmmmm im just getting lawyer 2 c how I can get out of contract Exclamation

1stimer

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 10:22 am
aww, but he's adorable!

(see: http://dovid04.blogspot.com/20......html)

technic

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 10:25 am
well I just checked out the blog and im totally convinced - soooooo cute kyh Very Happy ....what time shall I expect him?

1stimer

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 11:01 am
thanks, you can expect him at 7:00 and NO I'm NOT picking him up before 7:30 the next morning, so don't bother calling before then Wink

technic

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 11:08 am
wouldnt dream of it - hes JUST my type of baby!!!!

1stimer

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 11:11 am
technic wrote:
wouldnt dream of it - hes JUST my type of baby!!!!

Tongue Out keep the compliments coming! I might let u have him for another night! Tongue Out

technic

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 11:13 am
I think ill just commit 2 one if thats ok - after all I dont know what hes REALLY like, I only have ur word 2 go by Wink

1stimer

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 11:22 am
do I smell a get-out clause?

technic

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 3:48 pm
do I smell a DIAPER? shock

raizy

Post Sat, Sep 03 2005, 8:46 pm
7 :30 am your good. I have a funny story to share. when I had my first baby and I had gallstones. my sister who was married with no kids took my baby to watch while I went to the hospital bc of my gallstones so then they give me morphine etc for the pain. so after that I am a zoombie and I go home to my mother house where my sister was also staying and I thought yay great my sister will watch the baby he was 2 weeks old. and I will sleep of the morphine . so guess what 2 hrs later at 1:00 p.m she kindly knocks on my door and tells me she cant sleep bc my baby is crying . and hands the baby back to me... yay I am the one who is sick and ill and just had the baby 2 weeks ago . she was the one who did not know what meant a disturbed night sleep in her life...... Rolling Eyes

it still cracks me up 6 yrs later. so when she had her baby I told her I can only look after it till 1:00 p.m.

Motek

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 3:55 am
The Mommy Brain: How Motherhood Makes Us Smarter
by Katherine Ellison

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi.....lance

roza

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 9:50 pm
Last week someone passed on to me the last (Jan) issue of the "Scientific American" magazine. There was a long interesting article in Neurobiology section:

Quote:
The Maternal Brain
By Craig Howard Kinsley and Kelly G. Lambert

Parenthood changes the structure of the female mammal's brain, making mothers better at caring for their young--and possibly smarter

It's a long article, among other things it said that the cognitive abilities, memory and the quality of the brain cells are improved as a result of pregnancy and childbirth hormones effecting/ changing the brain of the woman-mother.

"What is more, the cognitive benefits appear to be long-lasting, persisting until the mothers enter old age...... "

"Mothers know best" . It's literally so.

queen

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 6:45 am
I feel so much better after reading this thread as it was bothering me as to why I havn't been so swift like I used to be....... MAJOR LACK OF SLEEP!!!!!

MommyLuv

Post Sat, Feb 11 2006, 6:27 pm
I defintely can relate to this one!!
when I was pregnant I had Mommy Brain to the extreme,...except it never went away!! My baby's almost one and I am still kinda ditzy sometimes Smile
I routinely forget my friends' names, my shopping list and random bits of info here and there.
my motherly intuition, on the other hand...is doing great!!!

ILOVELIFE

Post Sat, Feb 11 2006, 6:41 pm
I've totally lost it! Smile I do the strangest things...oh well sleep or the lack of it is a factor too.

Motek

Post Sun, Jan 14 2007, 3:28 pm
did you vote? Smile
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics