Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you worry if you're a ger
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 10:42 am
do you worry if you're a ger or kid of a ger about when moshiach comes what will happen to your family that is not

RedRuby

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 12:37 pm
No. I'm the daughter of a giores and I love my mother's family dearly.

Why would I worry about what will happen when Moshiach comes?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 12:42 pm
Has nothing to do with love.

There is always talk of the jews this and the jews that and it's all about the jews; but it scares me what will happen to the rest of the world I.e. the people I love.

RedRuby

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 12:58 pm
Please explain what you are worried about... that all the "Bad non jews" will die and the "Good Yidden" will live?

I know I'm sounding sarcastic, but I (and probably you, too) am very sensitive to those sweeping statements that I learned in school. In my heart, I'd always feel like yelling, "That's my family you're talking about!"

What about Chassidei Umos HaOlam - the righteous amongst the nations of the world - I've learned that they will live after Moshiach comes.

I always assumed my non-Jewish relatives (and your loved ones too!) fall under that category.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 1:18 pm
RedRuby wrote:
Please explain what you are worried about... that all the "Bad non jews" will die and the "Good Yidden" will live?

I know I'm sounding sarcastic, but I (and probably you, too) am very sensitive to those sweeping statements that I learned in school. In my heart, I'd always feel like yelling, "That's my family you're talking about!"

What about Chassidei Umos HaOlam - the righteous amongst the nations of the world - I've learned that they will live after Moshiach comes.

I always assumed my non-Jewish relatives (and your loved ones too!) fall under that category.

Yes. But, we can never be sure of anything and it makes me sad when I hear people put them down - I don't know anything!

RedRuby

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 1:36 pm
Oh, I do understand!

It makes me sad too. I think that the families that gerim were born into must have a special z'chus to have a future Neshama start out there.

So I comfort myself (and you, too) by thinking that surely HaShem has a special place and a special mission for the families of gerim.

When Moshiach comes, I'll track you down so our entire families can meet.

((((HUGS))))

amother

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 4:08 pm
Not really. My grandparents both passed away, and we have very little to do with our non Jewish cousins. (My mother keeps in touch with her siblings, but we hardly know them)

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 6:51 pm
who says the non jews will die?

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 6:52 pm
oh I see, you wrote the "bad non jews"
yes I suppose osama bin ladin and all his cohorts will hopefully die a grizzly death, but who says OP's family are "bad" Confused

RedRuby

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 9:08 pm
No one said OP's family are "Bad non jews".

(I think she understood that)

You may not be as sensitive to such terminology that is casually thrown about...I was using an exaggerated form of "non-Jews" because often all Gentiles are lumped in the same category by frum people.

This is extremely hurtful to Gerim and their relatives.

I was trying to figure out the root of OP's fear...did she hear that all the non jews would die, and that's what got her worried? And I was pointing out that even if that were the case, her relatives are probably righteous gentiles who would be in a different category.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 9:16 pm
RedRuby wrote:

You may not be as sensitive to such terminology that is casually thrown about...I was using an exaggerated form of "non-Jews" because often all Gentiles are lumped in the same category by frum people.

This is extremely hurtful to Gerim and their relatives.

I was trying to figure out the root of OP's fear...

Just the way everybody talks and assumes they know. It is hurtful worrisome and makes me afraid of what really will come. What if??

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 9:19 pm
do people actually say/teach that non jews will die when moshiach comes?

I don't think I've heard it

cdawnr

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 9:24 pm
I;ve heard so many things about what will happen after moshiach that I figure, we will see. I remember as a kid (secular Jewish going to Ortho. school) I had a dream that I was at an amusement park and walking around wiht people and then there was a big white blast and all the non-Jews just disappeared. It disturbed me immensley.

Anyway, my dh is a ger and my big question has always been -- if he is a ger and I am a bat-Levy, where are we going to live???

amother

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 10:48 pm
Yes, I sometimes think about this. I am a geyores. Also, my dad committed suicide...and my mother remarried a real piece of work who hates Jews. But what can I do? It is all in the hands of Hashem

amother

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 10:50 pm
no. I was never close to my family really anyway. I figure if they are amongst chesdei olam then all's well, and if not it's in Hashem's hands.

Chani

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 6:52 am
Same here. However Hashem handles things is for the best.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 8:03 am
The good of all nations have a share in the world to come.

That's what I've always learned.

The way I understand it there will be two groups, the Jews, and B'nei Torah.

Crayon210

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 6:25 pm
Chani wrote:
Same here. However Hashem handles things is for the best.

That's a great attitude!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 6:47 pm
I'm a geyores, and I think that even if I were to have "fears" of what would happen to my nonjewish family, that it would be like me fearing anything else unknown about geula...and really be my yetzer hara keeping me from living geuladik.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 7:07 pm
EstiS wrote:
who says the non jews will die?
There is a sicha in which the Rebbe explains that "v'rachamov al kol maasov" "His mercy is upon His handiwork", Those who deserve to will ie. the wicked, but others will simply not be perpetuated by offspring.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics