Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Penicillin

Yael

Post Wed, Aug 17 2005, 8:40 pm
today I threw away a peice of moldy bread. and started thinking. (thats a first Very Happy )
I know that the guy (L. Pasteur?) who discovered/ invented penicilin found it in a peice of bread mold. does this mean that if someone ate the mold he'd get the penicilin?
How does it work?

Tefila

Post Wed, Aug 17 2005, 10:39 pm
Yael I think there is a procedure to this bedsides the raw mold who knows what else has to be done. Scratching Head

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Sep 03 2005, 10:12 pm
I think I once mentioned that to my (intellectual) husband and he said there are different types of mold.
Ok, I just checked with him and he said there are like 40,000 types of mold!
Sorry -- the type on your bread most likely will not help your strep throat (sorry, cant' get out of paying for medications this way!)

gryp

Post Thu, Sep 15 2005, 5:43 pm
actually, in elementary school I had a science teacher who would eat moldy bread everyday during lunchtime, and she told us because its connected to pennicilin.

proudmom

Post Thu, Sep 15 2005, 6:06 pm
RG horrible.

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Sep 15 2005, 6:38 pm
disgusting. I would rather just take the peniciilin. ( or an alternative as I am allergic to it)

Rivka

Post Thu, Sep 15 2005, 8:06 pm
uuh did she ever not come to school because she has ill??? And are you sure it was mouldy bread and didn't have the blue cheese on it?

supermom

Post Fri, Sep 16 2005, 4:59 am
I don't think I want to take penicillin anymore you guys really grossed me out especially rg yuck Puke
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics